Herve's Bar & Grill

I miss ALL the good conversations.

Tismey, a good Canadian beer please, none of your local hop-water.

Twyg - you are a moderator of good taste. Dark beer and shepherd's pie. mmmmmmmmm

But it's still March and it's all rainy & mild in Toronto. Here we've just had a huge snow storm. I had some of the best skiing of my life today. The snow fall just from overnight was up to my knees. We're getting more tonight. I'm gonna switch to my snowboard tomorrow. Right now, I came to relax in the bar. Someone stoke the fire...

Hey RacerX, where 'bouts in Minnesota? I'm directly north of there.

Wonder if Apple has a bigger marketshare in Canada. Or maybe it's too cold here to outside & do anything ;)

I want summer already.... 90-100 degree days :D

where is summer ?!

ok ok I am going to write my dang diggly dang hash function :p

I was really starting to crave getting back to windsurfing and mountain biking, but after a day skiing like today's, I'm OK with a bit more snow.

I want summer :) I hate how it keeps getting warm here, teasing us, then getting cold and snowing again. Oh well.

I dont think apple has much more marketshare here, but they could if they maybe, err put an apple store in toronto!!!! :D

So I thought I would stop by while watching the second movie of my Phillip K. Dick double feature (Total Recall and Blade Runner) and see how thing are going. I like the new look and title. I think the MacOSX.com Community fits us better.

ahh my local dns's have finally updated the new ip # for this site and am once again able to babble senselessly. Joy.

Hello Racer. I agree, I think the name is more fitting as well.

Can we assume you are watching your cool movies on your laptop again?

All the movies I watch on my ThinkPad are quicktime and because I don't have sound drivers for it (because Apple forgot them!), they are all silent movies. I usually sit at my Mac and turn slightly towards my Indy to watch movies on it and continue working on my Mac. This is not that different from how I capture video, because I use IRIS Capture on my Indy to import the video, and then transfer it over my network to my Mac to edit it to the final version.

wow, racerX, two of my favorite movies. both ones i have seen multiple times. i own the letterbox Blade Runner on vhs. :D

so despite getting held up on the freeway, klink still beat me to the bar. i got distracted by somebody that needed some help down the street. it sure is good to be back. Nice new paint on the walls, a new welcome sign on the road into town. very nice indeed. and the main construction on the new high rises is still yet to come.

so how does everybody like the new speed limit? much more like the autobahn now. eh? of course i'm not sure i'm going to know what to do with all the seconds i save in a day, but i am sure i will figure something out.:p

let's see, last night the 1st round was free. how about everything half price tonite? but nothing from the replicator. i am not sure it got its dns updated properly yet:D

and i don't miss snow.

lol
Well do you conform them to black and white for more authenticity?

And now I know what you mean when you mention your Indy. I had originally thought it might have been your wife's name. :)

I'm going to keep me seconds for a rainy day Ed. Eventually I'll collect a full minute and will use that to catch my next train to work so I'll be able post yet another bit of babble. :D

Originally posted by Klink
And now I know what you mean when you mention your Indy. I had originally thought it might have been your wife's name. :)

My wife's name is Tracy and my SGI Indy's name is Gauss, but they do share some of the same traits though. :rolleyes:

lol
I won't ask what those traits might be. :D

This must be Carl Friedrich Gauss, the extraordinary mathematician. Quite a genius of his time. A fave of yours I guess.

I actually have a few favorites, the ones that I have named systems after are:

Archie (short for Archimedes)__________Sun (Solaris 7)
Bonnet______________________________ Mac (A/UX)
Euclid____________________________Mac (Mac OS X)
Euler______________________________ SGI (Irix 5.3)
Fermi___________________________Mac (Mac OS 8.6)
Feynman_______________________PC (Rhapsody 5.1)
Gauss______________________________SGI (Irix 6.2)
Milnor__________________________ Mac (Mac OS 8.6)
Morse______________________________SGI (Irix 5.3)
Phillips____________________________Sun (Solaris 7)
Riemann_______________________ PC (Rhapsody 5.1)

I think I need some more systems for some of my other favorites. :D

Back