Herve's Bar & Grill

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
tismey! coffee, black, cold, frappe please (lol I sound like I am talking to a replicator)

Isn't tismey a replicator? Where does the get all the ingredients from? I have to use my own fridge! :p

uh Tolya, since you are the only one that drinks your coffee like that, we have been using the replicator all along. now that you know the commands you can just go back there and do it yourself without making these overworked and underpaid bartenders do it for you.:D

when was the last time you left a tip anyway?:rolleyes:

Ulrik - i'm sorry. (whispering - so i guess i shouldn't tell them that on the old imacs the camera is located behind that little hole at the top that everyone thinks is the built in mic, eh?)

hey jbartlett -ever hear of a psych professor named Dave Smith at ND?

Tolya, please just keep your underwear on for now, ok?:p (take your shirt off only if you must:D )

BB- seems like you are working under a more realistic plan now. good luck with it!!

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell

Ulrik - i'm sorry. (whispering - so i guess i shouldn't tell them that on the old imacs the camera is located behind that little hole at the top that everyone thinks is the built in mic, eh?)

OK, I forgive you! But keep that other secret! You know the one I mean. The silver one...yes...I know, it's pervert....

Good thing that I can still order my food in a restaurant, I think I would get any replicator to shut down (like the Burger King Drive In I usually visit).

"I want...you know....the small things....the red ones, made from pork...no, wait, from beef....you know, the hot ones...I mean....hot...with this sauce, which tastes a bit like, you know, these others, the cubic ones, which come with the white sauce...but different...yeah, anyway, those, cold, with some of these freaky vegetables...the yellow ones....burried in earth.....potatoes!!!yeah...no....fries...french....I mean potato fries french hot...you know, those potatoes cut into long pieces, then made really hot so they look different...you got it so far???"

This is how I regularly order in a restaurant, that's why most often I just visit my local all-you-can-eat chinese, there I can myself what to eat...

Well, Ed started out as my psychatrist (spelling???) but we have become friends....AS LONG AS HE KEEPS SECRETS!!!

no, just kidding....we are no friends....uhm, I mean we are friends but he's not my psychatrist...

:D :D :D :D :D

I tried to order a chocolate ice cream on a drive-in with my bicycle once...
oh man, don't the people who work there have any sense of humor? What kind of life do they have?

lol my underwear, and overwear stays on at all times ed when in public places :p lol dont worry about it ;-)

I hereby name the Frappé with baileys the Admiral Coffee.

btw ed I always leave tips, but where are the nice waitresses :p ?

Hey guys, I had to send my TiBook in to Apple for service, the CD drive was broken, the hard drive makes funny noises, and the charge light does weird things. I need some serious emotional support. This Wall Street 350 with only 192 megs of ram doesn't cut it, but I'm so used to osx i'm running it on this. lol :(

I will include your TiBook into my prayers...

"Dear god, please spare my Cinema Display from dead pixels, and while you're at it, prevent my fileserver HDD from dying...oh, and it would be really nice if you could do some of your funky tricks to help ksuther's disabled TiBook"

that should do it...

not that I believe in it or anything ;)

Thanks, maybe the Apple gods and Steve Jobs will smile on us :D
I feel soo much better, but it doesn't make this Wallstreet any faster :(

ksuther - not everyone can do this, but if you really believe it will work. Point your finger at the Wall St. and think very loudly "FASTER". Chant this over and over. eventually with enough concentration and strict focus, you will see about a 5% to 10% increase in speed.

and i suggest placing a spell of protection on the Ti book when you get it back. take a photo fo the Ti and burn a red candle over it and let the wax drip down and cover the picture. while doing this, visualize your Ti running flawlessly until the year 2020. ;)

oh, and definitly pray to the Apple Gods. they hate being left out of the loop.:D

It works for 3/4 of people on the internet, so I assume that it will problably work for you too ksuther:

Simply install some generic maitnence update! You may not be exactly sure where the speed improvements are, but you'll just know that there's something new!:D

Matrix Agent:
It's called prebinding. You can use XOptimize or a similar utility for this. What it does is run through all of the Cocoa programs on your hard disk and changes all of the variable types that are resolved at runtime and resolves them then, speeding up app launch times. It does help quite a bit on slower machines, and I'm about to do it right now :)

Okay, so I had a Lombard or a Wallstreet (I foget which - I went through several), and I really really liked it. One day it got really like nuclear hot and smelled like burning plastic. Apple couldn't figure out the problem, so they gave me a new TiPB. I think it's icky. I'm much happier with my iBook/600. I know the Ti is really swell, but it feels all wrong. If anybody wants to trade, I'd trade for a new 14" iBook...

J

BTW - The Apple service people were excellent, even though the PB was cooked.

Back