How clean is your screen?

How clean is your Screen?

• 1 - Completely "hospital" clean

• 2 - Nearly always clean, though sometimes...

• 3 - Normally clean, but accidents do happen

• 4 - Sometimes clean

• 5 - Nearly never, only when I invite guests

• 6 - Never clean or without finger marks.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ferdinand

V. Tech
If you have 2 displays, then choose one. From a score out of 6 I would give myself a 3, being 1 the cleanest and 6 the messiest.

Hospital clean, cos I just bought a screen cleaning kit thingy and have got obsessive about it. It seems more important on these glossy screens as the marks show more. Movies look a _lot_ better though.

I said "hospital clean". There's never anything worse than dust on my monitor, and I don't let that build up much, either.

(And hospital computers are generally not clean, anyway...)

I'm between 1 and 2. My screen is always clean... but I don't need to clean it every day, it's just placed so that it doesn't get too much dust.

It might not work that well because it says "Excellent for LCD and Plasma Displays", and you have a CRT, but it actually shouldn't matter...

i use iklear on my viewsonic lcd, and it works great. i figured that if its safe for apple screens, then its got to be safe for other screens too. only problem is that it doesn't remove ball point pen ink from your screen.

now i know you want to know how ink got on my screen. lets just say i have a 3yr old son, and i used to keep a pen by my computer. and if you can't figure out the rest of the story, then you must have no experience with children. and yes, he is unharmed and still breathing, i did get the screen clean, and it somehow made it without any perminet damage.

Looked at this thread yesterday and felt positively ashamed, so now my MacBook screen is sparkling!!

Need to give 19" LCD attached to MacMini the same treatment, I think.

Andy

Everybody wants to touch my MacBook, and I always feel like I'm taking on the role of "Daddy just hit mommy across the dinner table and we're all trying to keep eating" when I tell my clients or family to back off. :)

Needless to say, it's sometimes clean, no matter how hard I try.

I gotta do a better job covering my mouth when I sneeze.* Unlike Quion, NO ONE ever wants to touch my iMac.

* Ewwww!

My CRT is generally clean, as there are no stains or spills, but it does get a bit dusty. I should probably dust it more often, but I'm strangely reluctant. :D

Back