I have just received iMac 17" with OS X 10.2!!!!!!

My quad G4 1.5GHz PowerMac came today with 10.2 installed and a 10.2.1 upgrade CD. I'm so stoked!

No, but really, that's cool Apple is supplying their customers with 10.2 a few weeks before it's actually released. Hopefully they are doing that as well with Macs purchased at the Apple Store or at Apple resellers.

Aaagh, I've ordered mine too, but still no call from my dealer that it has arrived yet...

btw, ddma, great pictures. I can see who you are via the Apple Pro Speaker ;)

hey ddma, since you have the shipping version of Jaguar...are there any copy protection methods used for it as was rumored at spymac? I just read on WSJ that there would be a family license version for Jaguar for $199...I was wondering if that would be enforced with serial numbers or honesty, hopefully honesty though because I just hate serial numbers, esp for OS's.

oh yeah and the WSJ linky is here (may be gone soon though, looks like it can change fast...)
http://ptech.wsj.com/ptech.html

My Jaguar 10.2 is an upgrade version which requires me to have Mac OS X installed. It didn't ask for any SN or CD-Key during the installation. But the only thing different from 10.1 is that it doesn't allow me to erase the selected drive.

that sucks. I don't want to install 10.0 and then 10.1 and then 10.2 every time I do stuff...

can you reburn it without the "search for 10.1" program?

yeah, please try what xaq said...it really bugs me to have to go through that whole process.
But since there was so much publicity about 10.1's upgrade-to-full feature in the past when it was discovered by MacFixIt I'm nearly certain that they made some big changes to make this impossible... (I mean it was even in the New York Times...)

Strange, I didn't think Apple was pressing any upgrade CD's because they don't let you buy an upgrade CD as you know.

Does it still have the 'Archive & Install' feature from the full version at least?

Does that mean "Clean Install"? I saw it in some early build but... not in my upgrade disc... :(

I assume a clean install cd of Mac OS X 10.1 is also being shipped with the Imac 17"?

I ordered my 17" Imac 2 days ago (in Holland), it's been said to ship next week...

Stijn

Hey Robobok,

Where did you aoder the 17'' iMac? I did order ine at MacHouse in Woerden and they still didn't mention any shipping date to me (although expected after (!) Jaguar-shipping date of 24th)

I ordered it through TechData. If you have any contacts to place your order there, do so, since they have a special price for the 17" iMac: 1999 euros (excl. VAT).

The order confirmation only says "Week 34" which is next week, and since the 24th is still next week, it could be the same shipping date as MacHouse. Of course I hope I will get it sooner than that.

Machouse probably doesn't know that Jaguar is shipped with newer models even before the official release of 10.2.

Hi ddma.
Would you please let us know if one of the cd's contain the os only, with the iapps,drivers etc. being on the other cd?
I think it would be great to be able to install the base system only, and then choose everything else. Although all the included apps are great, I'm not into iTunes, iMovie etc,. I just want the operating system, and add my web developement stuff.
Thanks

There is no option to choose installing any single applications. but as uoba said, you can just trash them if you don't need them. :)

ddma, is a full installation cd of OS X 10.1x shipped with the iMac 17"? Or is it just the 10.2 upgrade CD and a restore cd?

It comes with full 10.1.5 (5V21) installation disc and OS 9.2.2 installation disc too.

Thanks.

Are you sure about the 9.2.2 installation disc? From other stories I've heard only a OS9 recovery/restore disc comes in the box...

Back