iCloud

Rhisiart

Registered
Now that I have updated Lion to 10.7.2 on the laptop I have upgraded from MobileMe to iCloud. I can see that integration with other iOS devices is the way Apple is going but I hope that that iCloud will develop into something bigger than it is at the start.

The one thing that (I think) I'm going to miss is mail account synchronization. It certainly was a boon to be able to bring up a new machine, enter my MobileMe credentials, and have Mail.app automatically configured with all my mail accounts.

I still have my MacBook Air remaining to update (and I ain't even gonna try to update to 10.7.2 over my pokey T-1 at work -- I'll wait until I get home on my 18mbit connection), then I'll pull the trigger and update to iCloud fully on all my devices.

i downloaded icloud last night..i'm still on Mac OS X version 10 6.8...ok my question is...
when i have my itunes open on my mac computer... and i'm looking at my music library
then i click on itunes store... my music library disappears...now there is a little...x and when you click on that... my library comes back but then my itunes store disappears ?..
i dont know if its doing that because of the ..icloud or what.... but its driving me crazy..
thanks for any help... and i hope this was the right place to ask my question... you always help me EldiabloConCaca... thank you....

Now that I have updated Lion to 10.7.2 on the laptop I have upgraded from MobileMe to iCloud. I can see that integration with other iOS devices is the way Apple is going but I hope that that iCloud will develop into something bigger than it is at the start.

What I have discovered going from mobileMe to iCloud was a small stumble barrier to sooth sailing. One warning is to first test out iCloud by signing into the iCloud web site!!! This is very important before taking the steps I am writing.

What I found I will post the steps I took:

1. Open mail and first make sure you have NOTHING in the Inbox at ALL. Save the email on you Mac that you want to save.

2. Once no emails are sitting in your Mail's Inbox, go to Mail's Preferences, Accounts. Then to your temporary horror DELETE the MobileMe email account. Trust me this turn out good!

3. Quit Mail!

4. On 10.7.2 or better (for future reading) open System Preferences->iCloud. In there sign in with the same username/password you use for your Apple ID (in iTunes or the online Apple Store). Once you are in put a checkmark in 'Mail & Notes'. Then close the iCloud pane and go back into the main System Preferences and open the pane for System Preferences->Mail, Contacts & Calendars. Put another checkmark in 'iCloud' portion, 'Mail & Notes. Then move to step 5.

5. Reopen Mail and see that those System Preferences pane maid you an iCloud email account using your Apple ID.

It took me a little Trial and error to finally figure out the Apple likes to do many things as easy as possible by automatically making the email iCloud account when you first turn on iCloud and put checkmarks in the Mail & Mail & Notes sections.

What I am waiting for is iTunes Match. I can't wait for that even though we all have to pay for it.

i guess i dont understand what im supposed to do?... all i want is to be able to see my music library and my itunes store... the library used to be on the left as you look at the screen... now when i click itunes store.. the library and play list disappear to the left.????
thank you

i downloaded icloud last night..i'm still on Mac OS X version 10 6.8...

What do you mean by "I downloaded iCloud... still on 10.6.8"

What part of iCloud works if you aren't running Lion 10.7.2?
Do you actually mean that you upgraded to Lion, and you are now at 10.7.2?

i guess i dont understand what im supposed to do?... all i want is to be able to see my music library and my itunes store... the library used to be on the left as you look at the screen... now when i click itunes store.. the library and play list disappear to the left.????
thank you

What? Are you talking about? iTunes? iTunes Match hasn't been turn on just yet.

iTunes Match is, indeed, turned on, at least on iOS 5 devices. This happened a few days ago.

Settings > Music > iTunes Match

Back