iHome?

That's what I was wondering...

It looks good but I am not up to date with the editing skills of Photoshop users. The video... I do not know if people can fake that.

But it does seem random, having the boxes there. If you were concealing a new product, especially after leaks from within your own company, would you place the item, clearly labelled, on a G5 iMac box, with no covering? I wouldn't.

As I posted in another thread, I'd be willing to bet that this iHome device and the "headless $500 iMac" are the same thing... ;)

Now THAT has made me think twice.

It fits the description of the new mac. Rectangular, slim, and of course small. That thing looks great. I hope it is no fake.

Yep -- perfect. Since it obviously is geared toward home entertainment, I would also bet it does not run a full-featured version of OS X -- but perhaps a slimmed down OS with limited, video/audio entertainment functions.

Just a decent, educated guess.

But then again... if it doubled as a home entertainment device AND a home computer, perhaps it will run a full-featured OS X as well as additional home entertainment functions/applications.

Can you IMAGINE that in your house?

it'd be so sweet!

Apple, if this turns out to be a fake, THANK the maker, and COPY their design, that is sweet! Lol...

I'd say it's fake, because here in the United States, "Centre" is spelled "Center". But what is in the box next to it that has a green label?

The photo's are defiantly from the uk, not only by the way centre is spelt, but the tape on the side of the iMac box is from Jigsaw who are the UK's largest mac retailer.

I think it is either a fake or a prototype design model leaked from apple. Perhaps Jonathan Ive lost it on his last trip back home.

Yep -- I've changed my mind to "fake" as well. Cool idea, great mock-up, but definitely not the shipping product, if it's real at all.

Look at the last picture. The lid of the box is clearly wrapped in paper, probably from the guy's inkjet printer or large format printer.

Second to last picture makes the top of the iHome where the Apple logo and "iHome" are look like a piece of paper glued to a box -- you can clearly see the edge of the paper. Plus, the dark band across the back is slightly crooked -- something Apple would never allow. Plus the upper-right hand corner looks like a slighly dented or smashed cardboard box.

Dang it all.

It's the real deal folks. Anyone want to make a wager?

I'm glad they went with the iHome label instead of iMac. This thing is Apple's answer to the Windows Media Center PCs, and it's going to lay waste to them. Imagine - iTunes, iPhoto in your living room.

I'm soooooo looking forward to Tuesday!

I'll make a kindly gentleman's bet with you. I'm betting "a very convincing fake."

While I don't doubt that Apple may introduce some home entertainment device similar to this one, which may or may not be the rumored "headless iMac" or "Q88," I don't think this is it.

Higher-quality pics would be very useful. ;)

ElDiabloConCaca said:
I'll make a kindly gentleman's bet with you. I'm betting "a very convincing fake."

While I don't doubt that Apple may introduce some home entertainment device similar to this one, which may or may not be the rumored "headless iMac" or "Q88," I don't think this is it.

Higher-quality pics would be very useful. ;)
Just like higher quality pictures of all those alien autopsies, right? :)

Now, I wonder why those were so low-resolution... could it be for the same reason these are low-resolution?

I call fake.
Why is a product box inside another product box? :confused:
Why is a product box inside another product box protected from being scratched - when it's just a product box and not the actual product? :confused:
CUZ IT'S FAKE!!!

I totally bought it at first. Very nice hoax.

After reviewing the other site's analysis, they make some very good arguments for it being a fake. Damn them!

The one argument I didn't see (though it may be here somewhwere) was the first thing I noticed on first view of the video. The device didn't seem to have any weight to it as he pulls it out. The device should have had more "gravity" on the end furthest away from his fingers.

Also, the font in iHome seems off, though I haven't bothered to actually compare it to anything. That "e" doesn't seem right.

And, since we're being nitpicky, the graphic design for the photos on the side of the box doesn't allow any breathing room. They're too tight to the egde.

And I just don't see Apple putting the product name on the top like that. The logo, yes, but not the product name so big and obnoxious like that.

Mark me down for fake, though it is VERY close to what I had in my head for this headless Mac. Almost exact in fact. White, beveled edges, cute, but not too cute, elegantly simple. Nice fake.

Back