iPhoto for windows !!!???

guys...

this isn't a new thing. people have been emulating (so to speak) the aqua interface for a few years. and apple's been after aqua-soft a few times, and we've had to change our appearance, etc. a few times. but we're not cheap little bastards or anything, 40% of the 1,000 members actually own macs... myself, i've been using macs since the mac se (and before you jump on me, i've got a 800mhz imac and a 1.8ghz pc) and yes. in order to make the windows interface easier for me, a mac user, i go to aqua-soft and download the applications. and they do a great job.

well i installed it on my pc...
all i get is an error

Thats because you havent installed things correctly:p

And second we at aqua-soft are emulating the OSX system very good, just look at this pic

www.angelfire.com/mac/tristram_davies/aquadesk.jpg
(COPY AND PASTE URL INTO URL BAR)

And a top end PC will blow away any top end mac.

See ya suckers

Skyliner34:p

Originally posted by skyliner34

See ya suckers

Skyliner34:p

Thats great! Really ... :confused:

...Why use "See ya Suckers"? ...What is the POINT?! ... all that does is fuel the

"them and us" crap! Drop it, can people not discuss things, personal issues aside please... we can all act grown up, i am sure! :rolleyes:

Skyliner, Looks aren't EVERYTHING, sorry, i used to skin my PeeCee the hell up, like that, and its NO Comparison at all! ... Sorry, its like putting together, a beautiful shell of sports car, and a sh!t engine! :rolleyes:

Neyo

How do you guys like my wanna be Mac? :)
03_07_03.jpg

Bye! (^__^)

Nice desktop sone:)

its like putting together, a beautiful shell of sports car, and a sh!t engine!

Thats true, but a PC is mutch faster than a MAC.

You get the best of both worlds with a PC, MAC looks ans PC performance.

Skyliner34

Skyliner34

Yes, i know what you mean, in many ways! .... But the term "performance" is VERY Open-ended ... it depends what you define performance to be really. It maybe, you see performance, as running UT2003 @ 1600*1200 @ 250 FPS or something.

But my view on OS X / Mac ... is yes, the GUI is Great, love that, but i love the innovation and such that comes with it. I don't like having to download IE updates every few days, i don't like have to registry clenses, etc etc ... the GUI merely compliements the finishing touches to the Mac, the elegance in how the OS Runs...

The simplest analogy of that would be the install / unistall procedure by comparison...

but hey, each and everyone to their own ... Dou YOUR thing, be YOUR own! ;)

NeYo

Skyliner34

dude i gotta disagree with ya there - ZDNet labs recently tested a dual 1.25ghz powermac vs a 3.06ghz pentium 4 WITH hyperthreading in photoshop (basically one of the only cross-platform tests) and except for applying a blur... the mac kicked the pc's ass.

dude i gotta disagree with ya there - ZDNet labs recently tested a dual 1.25ghz powermac vs a 3.06ghz pentium 4 WITH hyperthreading in photoshop (basically one of the only cross-platform tests) and except for applying a blur... the mac kicked the pc's ass.

Ah, I can answer this one straight, on the mac theres a special software that speeds up Photoshop, they can release it for Windows, but Apple brought the company and therefore no port to Windows, and thats why they do speed tests using Photoshop, they know it's gonna be faster, it's only milli seconds. If they tried another a multi platform prog then the PC will win hands down. Wait until Intel and Athlon bring out these new 64bit chips (Codenamed 'Hammerhead').

I don't like having to download IE updates every few days, i don't like have to registry clenses, etc etc

I totally agree with you there, this is where Windows fail aginst the Mac OS.

Skyliner34

P.S. I just have to say that im NOT AGAINST MACS. I love them and just wish I had one, I use G4's every day and I love them. I'm just trying to point out that PC's are just a teeny weeny bit faster.

Wait until Intel and Athlon bring out these new 64bit chips (Codenamed 'Hammerhead').

P.S. I just have to say that im NOT AGAINST MACS. I love them and just wish I had one, I use G4's every day and I love them. I'm just trying to point out that PC's are just a teeny weeny bit faster.

I use a Mac, and I'm willing to agree with you there.
Infact, I think most Mac users will agree that apple has fallen behind in the proc. department. Thank you Moto. :)

But, as you pointed out about the Hammerhead, we're also expecting (hopefully) a new 64 bit processor from IBM (PowerPC 970), which should help us gain some ground.

This year should be very interesting. I've been saving up to buy a new Mac. ^__^

Ah, I can answer this one straight, on the mac theres a special software that speeds up Photoshop, they can release it for Windows, but Apple brought the company and therefore no port to Windows, and thats why they do speed tests using Photoshop, they know it's gonna be faster, it's only milli seconds. If they tried another a multi platform prog then the PC will win hands down. Wait until Intel and Athlon bring out these new 64bit chips (Codenamed 'Hammerhead').

I totally agree with you there, this is where Windows fail aginst the Mac OS.

Skyliner34

no, there's no special software for macs. it's just photoshop.

and yes, macs are behind with the processors. and the amd hammer ;) will blow everyone away.

no, there's no special software for macs. it's just photoshop.

There is a special software, you cant see it, it comes pre installed in the OS which is handy, I cant remember the name of it now, when I come across it I will post here.:)

and yes, macs are behind with the processors. and the amd hammer will blow everyone away.

Totally agree with you:) , I wonder what will happen if Intel started making the proc's. Then we may be able to port the OSX system to PC's and the Windows system to MAC, but who wanna do that:rolleyes: .

Skyliner34

Hmm. No Skyliner, there is no special software that Adobe uses to make PS faster on the Mac. If you are refering to "AltiVec", yes, PS is Altivec enabled, but then again, PS is also MMX enabled.

Apple didn't buy Adobe, and spouting off lies and half truths doesn't help your arguments.

This little software isnt Adobe's, it's someone elses, like I said before when I come across it I will post name here, and hopefully find a web link. And Apple hasnt brought Adobe, and I didnt say that Apple brought Adobe.:confused:

Skyliner34

For cripes sake, enough already...geez.

I own 3 Mac's. I have owned Mac's since the days of of the Plus II. Still have the beast, too. And it works.

I prefer Mac's to PC's. All this crap about PC's being faster or better than Macs is bunk. I did a side by side comparison to prove it, years ago, with a G3 300mhz 64ram vs. a AMD 500mhz 128ram. I opened Adobe Premiere on both machines.

On the G3, it took SECONDS for it to open. Maybe 3-5 seconds, total. This includes the plug-ins and so on.

On the PC, it took 1 1/2 minutes to open it with all the plug-ins loaded.

So, enough with the mines better than yours crap. Mac's are MUCH better at memory management and processor architecture than PC's.

The only reason ppl prefer PC's is 2 fold.
1. PC's have more interchangable hardware.
2. PC's are cheaper.
That's it...

Arguments over software titles being limited on Macs is bunk, too. Macs have ALL, if not more and better, of the apps I use for my PC. Adobe, M$, Macromedia, and much MUCH more.

All of this boils down to taste, plain and simple. If you wanna browse the net for pr0n and MP3's, get a PC. If you want to do multimedia, design, or actually productive work...get a Mac.

Now, down to the GUI/Software ripping issues:

I stated that I am a long time Mac user. I also have to use PC's for some of my work.

Years ago, I was getting sick of the clumsy, oafish Win32 environment and stumbled on Ritchie Chows WinMac. It was an app that emulated the feel of the Finder, except for the PC. I was sold! Finally, I could work more easily in Windows.
Soon after, I found MacVision, a Finder bar AND skinning engine that made my Windows appear Mac-like. Praise the goddess, no more ugly ass, boring flat looking windows.

My infatuation with overcoming the faults of the Windows GUI led me, eventually, to AquaSoft where I stand by their designs and apps.

"Why?", you ask? It makes it easier for Mac users like myself to deal with the craptacular Win32 environment. I can move around with ease between my Finder.app, or consolidate my apps to the bar. I am more productive. I can get work done faster, and with less confusion.

And you know what else, my Mac-brethren? These apps your bashing wins converts. Bitch as much as you want, but people such as the grand and elusive Neyo are fine examples of _OUR_ 'Switch' campaign.

As I said, complain all you want, but what does it really accomplish? It's a waste of valuable time. You have Mac's, use them. You don't like PC's? Fine. But it's like this...if you see a program on TV that offends or upsets you do you start a letter writing campaign to end it and ruin peoples lives? No, you change the channel and go about your REAL life.

As for my fellow AquaSoft Members, I am ashamed. I cannot believe what representation we have here. It's appalling. Your all rude and need a manner check.

Never speak for me again. I'll do my own explaining.

Thank you all, and peace.

Originally posted by Duckie
Bitch as much as you want, but people such as the grand and elusive Neyo are fine examples of _OUR_ 'Switch' campaign.

hehe! ... Encore, Encore! Yes Duckie! ... i know i fit the bill, PERFECTLY as an example ... i only really encountered Aqua and Mac OS X, as a result of Neowin, XP Customization, and then Aqua Soft (aka Aqua-man.net) ... it was fun to do, but yes, it made me curious enough to try X, and now here i am! ... God ... i hope my new cube comes 2morro!!!:(

NeYo

All of this boils down to taste, plain and simple. If you wanna browse the net for pr0n and MP3's, get a PC. If you want to do multimedia, design, or actually productive work...get a Mac.

Exacly, I couldnt of put it better my self.

Skyliner34

Originally posted by Duckie
As for my fellow AquaSoft Members, I am ashamed. I cannot believe what representation we have here. It's appalling. Your all rude and need a manner check.

Never speak for me again. I'll do my own explaining.

Thank you all, and peace.

....?

you are definitely not including me on this just cause i defended myself from other veteren users in this forum, now is that right duckie ?

While I will concede that the Aqua themes that are available for Windows may actually inspired a very small percentage of Windows users to get a Mac. However, if the "iLife" apps were available for the PC, there would be no incentive to switch. I mean, why switch to a completely different platform when you have the look, feel, and the applications that are unique to the Mac. The applications and the OS are currently Apple's strongest card.

Hell, I own a PC, and use it for some stuff. The main thing that keeps me on the Mac are the iLife apps. There is currently nothing like them on the PC.

Now, if this iPhoto for Windows project were able to continue to fruition, and produce a very close look alike/act alike version for Windows, there would be one less reason for people to get a Mac.

Not to mention that it's out and out thievery...

Case closed.

And you know what else, my Mac-brethren? These apps your bashing wins converts.

Oh, and if you don't believe me...

Remember, at one time, Apple OWNED the publishing market.

Quark Xpress 3.0, Photoshop 3.0, Illustrator 5.5 - they were all Mac only, and as a result, Apple was a pretty healthy company. Once those apps became cross platform, the Macs based started shrinking.

Back