iPod Touch: An iPod & Computer In Your Pocket?

Follow that link. The "Instant Jailbreak" will open up your Touch. It may even install the AppTapp installer. From there, you download 3rd party apps from the Touch itself. The Installer will show up as an app on your main screen.

So read www.ipodtouchhacks.com and follow the Instant Jailbreak directions. Let me know if you get stuck.

Doug

Thank you Doug.

I just noticed that the newer iPod ear buds don't sound as full and warm as the ear buds from my 4th generation iPod. I don't know if that's because I use the spongy covers that came with them, but the newer iPod ear buds sound 'tinny'. Not cool for an audiophile! I guess I keep using the older ones.

chemistry geek, if you think the 4th gen earbuds are good, you really want to invest in some in-ear canal phones (Shure etc), or at least mid-ear canal phones if they seem a bit pricey (Sony MDR-EX71, i got mine for £20).

the difference, even with the mid-ear canal phones, is astounding.

chemistry geek, if you think the 4th gen earbuds are good, you really want to invest in some in-ear canal phones (Shure etc), or at least mid-ear canal phones if they seem a bit pricey (Sony MDR-EX71, i got mine for £20).

the difference, even with the mid-ear canal phones, is astounding.

Totally agree. I invested in a pair of $50 Sony ear-canal phones. The sound quality and comfort makes it well worth the price.

Has anyone downloaded and applied the Apple software update (1.1.3) to their iPod Touch? The new apps are great! With Mail, Notes, GoogleMaps, Weather, and Stocks, the iPod Touch is nearly complete. I would like a few favorite Widgets to put on it, like Gas, to locate the lowest priced gasoline in both my home zip code or wherever I'm located.

Last edited:
Back