Is that an iPod in your pocket...?

ElDiabloConCaca

U.S.D.A. Prime
Go here:

http://www.apple.com/hardware/ads/1984/

Watch the advertisement. I know, I know, we've all seen it a million times. Just watch it AGAIN.

Now look for the part where she throws the hammer. The part where she's spinning up to get ready to throw it. Look closely. I mean real close... like her waist area... ;)

Badda boom, badda bing. Kudos to the special effects people at Apple.

Nah, probably just the keynote. Most people wouldn't get it. "Huh? It's 2004, why are they showing a commercial from 1984?"

I'll be damned... those guards chasing her kinda remind me of the characters used in Intel adverts... ha ha ha... sorry, cannot help it...

I just saw this little "1984" gem. Check the bottom of the page. There is a making of "1984" at the bottom of the page (for the original commercial). :)

Arden said:
Nah, probably just the keynote. Most people wouldn't get it. "Huh? It's 2004, why are they showing a commercial from 1984?"
Yeah, people outside the Mac community have rarely seen it or appreciate it's historical meaning.
Also, the novel "1984" is much less known now than it was at the time of this commercial.

plastic said:
I'll be damned... those guards chasing her kinda remind me of the characters used in Intel adverts... ha ha ha... sorry, cannot help it...
What do you think was their inspiration? ;)

the date on the huge screen has been updated to 1/26/04 instead of 1/24/84 in the new one, thats monday isn't it?

Browni your RIGHT! I think I'll wait until after tat day to purchase a new Mac. I hope this is a good sign.

Am I missing something here? I can't find a date on the screen in either version! And yes, I scanned through it frame-by-frame.

BTW, for some fun, control- or right-click on the right scrub arrow. :)

It's on the left of Big Brother's screen right before she throws the hammer. The screen scroll for BB has the line about confusion. It's hard to see but it has been changed.

Okay, I see it. It was so easy, being obvious and all on my 60" LCD screen with zoom turned on. :rolleyes:

btw, Randman... in another thread you mentioned that the woman is wearing a MUGS t-shirt from a user group in Singapore... actually, that's just the original Macintosh logo, and it appears in both the new and old version of the ad.

I just wanted to pick something else out on the video. Where everyone has seen the date on Big Brother's screen (see an earlier post) the time right underneath the date starts at 09:14 and goes to 09:19. I haven't compared that with the old video but that just might be a time from (Pacific Standard Time) which an announcement is made from Apple. This is all based on hope for some hardware upgrade before I buy a new Apple.

Back