iTunes 5 features

Also more control over play settings, like being able to set the gap between songs in the library or playlists, rather than just when burning.

also, can anyone tell me why, with two macs running the same version of iTunes, with the same playlists, one can regularly obtain more track details than the other from the CDDB? I regularly load music on my work mac, get track names ok, burn to CD, take CD home, load on mac - "track names are not available for some or all of these tracks.." Nightmare.

How about integrating iTunes into the Finder somehow? I have this great utility called Synergy, and I love it to death...but it would be awesome if the features of Synergy were built into iTunes! That way I don't have the annoying iTunes window open all the time, I could just control it from my menu bar at the top of the screen.

see attached...

Attachments

• Picture 4.jpg
    Picture 4.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 27
Hallelujah, HyperLite... that would rock. I tried Synergy and loved it but am waiting until it comes out of Alpha to implement it full time.

Apple made the Music Store available in a separate window, why not the controls? Good idea, man...

HyperLite (and ElDiablo), have you tried X-Tunes? Its not quite the same, but if anything is a bit quicker for controlling iTunes than using the menubar. It brings up a floating control on a definable keystroke with track info and all the normal controls. If you set the keystroke to apple-/ then you can control it one handed.

Available from here and its free!

I'd love the DJ-feature although I am using Tracktor when it comes to real DJ-ing.

Sharing libraries on the same computer would be a must!

Better options for artwork search, lyrics.

Rating tool as in iPhoto (TuneRater a Konfabulator Widget is already very cool).

I want a better multi-user integration.

I want to be able to launch iTune in my account even if my daughter has it open on her own account on the same iMac.

I want to have an easy way to share my library that is on my account on my iMac with my daughter's libray that is on the same iMac.

The ability to optionally intertgrate your .mac account with itunes 5. things like playlists, ratings, etc. Or mabey even the account setup process. eg once you have .mac your got iTMS access. this would also be good for future customers switching to mac.

I would like to see a number of important enhancements in iTunes 5, such as:

- The ability to completely remove gabs between tracks on specific playlists. If you turn off the cross fader in the current version, you still get a small pause which is very very annoying when listening to tracks which are mixed. When listening to a CD of tracks with no gap, it's fine though. I have heard so many people complain about this.

- Introduction of a toolbar control such as Synergy or M-Beat.

- A more economical way of storing album art rather than a Tag within an MP3. It takes up valuable space on my iPod! Maybe the option of having the Artwork tag removed when uploading to an iPod. This would however, increase track transfer time. Apple really should take a look at this.

- A DJ feature would be cool, however not necessary. Would definitely be better as a plug-in as opposed to standard.

- The ability to remove the 'Radio' section like the iTMS.

That's me done for the moment...

I would like an added info tag for 'Label'. I currently put the record label for each album under the 'Comments' tag.

ID tags, in order to be cross-platform and cross-program, and to conform to the mp3 standard, need to use the conventions in place in the ID3-tag standards. If anything, ID3 v3 needs to add this, not iTunes.

I want the ability to store a song's lyrics with the song, and to have a "lyrics" pane in the interface.

I've admittedly only skimmed this thread so this may have come up, but some way to recommend songs ro auto-generate playlists, sort of á la Amazon's recommendations system. I suppose I'm thinking of a tighter integration with the music store. I could see getting a streamed radio station based on song lists generated by your purchases in the music store.

Mind you that probably means Apple ponying up the computing resources for all these people streaming music from their databases. I could see a subscribtion for this. Build it into the .mac price.

Back