Jaguar - Mac OS X 10.2

I have a Umax scanner as well that doesn't work, or hasn't, not bothered trying lately. My SCSI Zip does thankfully work. My Plextor CD-RW used to give OS X kernal panics. Thankfully this was fixed in one of the updates and now I can use my Plextor CD-RW for read access, but no burning support as of yet. From what I have read on the Adaptec Site, Apple has not included burning support for SCSI devices in the kernal and does not plan to either. Adaptec states that they plan to instead provide their own support for SCSI burners via drivers I assume in their next release of Toast for OS X. Although, from what I read, I get the impression that burning will only be available for these SCSI devices via the Toast application in OS X and not via any other burning apps like iTunes.

I just wish someone, whether it be Apple or Adaptec, would provide support in OS X for all apps that have burning capabilities. I know FireWire is the latest greatest thing and is gradually replacing SCSI but there are literally tons of SCSI devices out there old and new. We need better kernal level SCSI support for burning and other such applications!!! Long Live SCSI!!!

Originally posted by RHITMacMan
I'd be very interested to know more about your setup and what exactly you did to make things work. I have never been able to get it to work. Sometimes I've found it even to be sketchy between two Windows computers, let alone a Mac and Windows computer.

IIRC, I just enabled a checkbox on the Win2K side (right-click the connection and select 'Properties') and a dialog popped up telling me that I had to set the client computers to use DHCP. I just set the Mac to use DHCP over Ethernet and it worked. Myself and a friend were able to simultaneously use telnet-based chat, check email and browse the web on a single 56K connection (without too much of a performance hit). That's all I can remember as I sold the PC last year.

Space.dock (a.k.a. Space.app 0.7)

It works! - kind of (Finder windows are persistant on every desktop). If it had a graphic/clickable "dockling" showing all the workspaces and/or keyboard shortcuts to navigate desktops, this would be it.

Now how do I get rid of this damn thing! Space Dock.

I can't shut it down, I can't kill it (it just isn't on the list!) and it starts up all on its own when I boot up or log in and out.

Originally posted by karavite
Now how do I get rid of this damn thing! Space Dock.

I can't shut it down, I can't kill it (it just isn't on the list!) and it starts up all on its own when I boot up or log in and out.

since its a dockling, you can just choose to ignore it and just not create any "spaces," or you can just pull it out of your Dock.

that's it :)

since its a dockling, you can just choose to ignore it and just not create any "spaces," or you can just pull it out of your Dock.

Thanks - I just figured it out. It's too easy to post on this site when I have dumb problems like this!

Back