Jan 24th predictions / 20th Anniversary.

20 th aniv. Mac - How about a Dual 1.6 G5 Imac with a 20" display. There is tons of room in that huge base. Drill a few more holes in it and add some fans to cool it. $3k would be a good price. I'd buy one. Im stuck on the all in one form factor for macs.

Well, I'm sticking by my new game plan. Apple will use the Pepsi spot to have a new computer in it being used, or in the background. It won't be the focal point, but enough to get it to be seen, since the Mac was announced at the Super Bowl anyway. Pepsi's picking up the tab anyway. People talk about it Monday at work, causes a greater comotion and its released Tuesday.

check this out screenshots from the ad, no new macs, looks like an imac, i think apple insider has a copy of the ad in quicktime maybe its running there,

why does everyone hype themselves into thinking that something new is coming from apple, only to have themselves letdown and mad at the company for not releasing something when they dont, maybe Steve read this thread and was like, im gonna hold off on the G5 powerbook and surprise everyone now :p

Just saw the ad, D'oh!

Well, maybe they're just trying to get inventory down and on the same page with IBM on when they can ship a new G5 line?

It just seems odd, with Apple getting all this press with the anniversary and the Pepsi deal that they wouldn't capitalize with some new hardware to bring in more business.

Geez, it's not like she's a professional actor, she's one of the kids the RIAA tried to sue. Cut her a little slack like you did with Ellen Feiss. ;) :D

Hey Nick, you got an actual link there?

Did she use a Mac when she 'broke the law', I thought it was a PC using Kazaa ('scuse spelling).

Maybe Pepsi/Apple gave her the iMac as payment. ;)

Don't get me wrong. There's no doubt this ad was not made by apples ad agency, chiat/day. It is a Pepsi ad, the ladys using jaguar for example...... But I am also mad at apple, yes their ipod ads are pretty good, but why didn't we see an ad about panther, how much better it was......think about if they showed a commercial and it said Panther: The Most Advanced Operating System, and then it went through to show itunes opening, the icon bouncing, then it being minimized, more windows opened, expose, ichat video conferencing going on, the cube effect from fast user switching, and then after it it said - Only On A Mac and then www.apple.com . I think it would have been cool. And more people would know what the real reason to buy a mac is. Why don't they have ads for their computers? I remember a powermac g5 ad a while ago....but it went away pretty quickly. I think this is key, I see the same stupid dell commercials every day, at least 5 times. They get annoying to me, but they get the point across, and thats why people buy it. If apple had ads running for the imac, the g5, the powerbook, etc. we might see more then a 5% market share. And also, I'm 14....and the first time i found out about a mac was on a music video, not any ad or anything......but then of course I switched and I've had my iMac for about 7 months now. The thing about it is, apple needs to start thinking smart, if they ever want people to start realizing they need to switch. I just saw an old blueberry imac in some music video, and that sparked my interest enough to find out about apple, visit the apple store which i found out is only 45 minutes away from where i live, and two weeks later my imac was ordered. And this weekend im selling it and the old blueberry 300 mhz ibook i got on ebay , and im getting a dual 1.25 ghz g4, and a 20" display. I havent used windows since....well since i got my imac i guess, :)

Jonathan

I work for a company that does not advertise, yet they make millions each year. It wouldn't hurt to put more into advertising, but I think Apple has it's plan. Do you want Apple to act more like Dell? I wouldn't. If Dell jumped off a bridge should Apple follow? I think word-of-mouth works much better for Apple. Who better to voice the praise of a Mac than it's users. It's almost religious how I have converted so many ppl over to the mac. I should get a commision from them. Eitherway, Apple is on the right path and I see nothing but a bright future for them regardless on how much advertising they use.

Just went to my local 7-11 and found a 1 liter Pepsi bottle with the iTunes promo.

Won this time. w00t! 'course I can't redeem it until tomorrow…

Back