Leopard: Bugs/Compatibility Reports

bluetooth file transfer from my nokia 6682 to my macbook pro, worked in tiger now it just says "sending failed" on my phone. Transfer from my computer to the phone works fine. Any ideas? or is anyone having the same problem?

The Finder 'Cut' command doesn't work, either using the shortcut, the menu or the contextual menu. It does actually cut the file/folder etc but doesn't allow you too paste it. Copy and Paste work properly.

The Finder doesn't do cut. The cut menu item is always grayed out for me no matter what file I select. CMD+x does nothing either. This is how it's always been.

It's now supposed to do 'Cut', mine actually 'cuts' the file but I can't paste it. Unless of course its something they were tinkering around with but forgot to cleanup, anyway here is my screen grab:

Attachments

• Picture 1.pdf
    55.4 KB · Views: 9
After installing Leopard on top of Tiger, my Kyocera FS1020D printer driver failed to work. Kyocera Technical Help provided the solution.

The permissions for the folder containing the PPD file were set to read only and the folder was therefore not visible. The solution is to locate the folder, change the permissions to Read/Write before adding the printer to the Print/Fax System Preference.

The folder for this printer driver (I assume all are located here) is:

Macintosh HD/Library/PPDs/Contents/Resources/en.lproj
(where en is the country specific abbreviation)

The last visible folder was Contents so both Resources and en.lproj required their permissions changing.

Sorry Captain Code, but why do you insist its 'not supposed' to when as you can see from my screen grab that there is the menu command to 'Cut' and selected as shown - I think that is evidence enough, unless you have it from some higher authority or actually know what the 'Cut' menu is for I would like to be enlightened. So as far as I am concerned it is supposed to, and as mentioned before I can select a file do a 'Apple+X and it cuts the file, ie it makes it disappear, but I then have to do an undo to get it back!

Because the Finder has not, ever, in the history of Mac, supported file cut. It's not supposed to in Leopard. It's possible somehow you enabled it and Apple has been working on it but ask any one else and they will give you the same answer. Finder supports copy, not cut.

The Finder doesn't do cut. The cut menu item is always grayed out for me no matter what file I select. CMD+x does nothing either. This is how it's always been.

Hi Captain, I know that the Finder hasn't supported 'Cut' even though its something people have been asking for, for ages. Plus I haven't as far as I'm aware 'enabled it', I'll have to dig around to see if I can come across any preference or whatever that says 'Enable half finished Cut & Paste functionality'. As you have stated the 'Cut' menu command is there, and has been in Tiger (and possibly Panther but can't remember) although grayed out - even if its a feature Apple are toying with and didn't fully implement its still odd and a bug.

"Cut" works for me. It deletes a Text Edit document and I then can post it in a NeoOffice document. (on my Intel Mac Book Pro, fresh Leopard install)

firefox won't download; thunderbird will not open any message with an attachment. also on a restore session for firefox, some tabs won't re-load. this is particularly weird because while the page might have worked before the crash, random pages will not reload later. instead, i get "server not found ... Firefox can't find the server at forums.mozillazine.org." errors. force reload won't actually get it to reload.

also, YIM quits as soon as someone contacts me. AIM is dead.

there's also some oddities with parallels not wanting to recognize USB drives, sometimes not wanting to recognize the CD drive, etc.

argh ... this has just been a nightmare. :(

Colorburst RIP 3.8 for Epson printers (4000 in my case) does not work at all under the new operating system, Leopard.
No updates from Epson at present (or probably ever).

I Just Installed Leopard And Am Having Problems With Eudora. It Kept Crashing So I Did Remove The Noises As Was Posted On Another Site. That Did Stop Crash Problem, But Now My Mail Keeps Being Bounced. Says Mailbox Full. Mine It Totally Empty... Help!!

Hello,

I found a little GUI bug inside the Leopard logging sequence...

When you click on your picture and type your password in, after pressing the ENTER key, you'll see a nice looking candy-progress-bar animation. The only problem is, it is out of its place, out of that frame where it suppose to sit inside. It is quite difficult to spot it because candy-progress-bar animation lasts only for a split of a second, but I noticed it...

I will attach the image so you can see it, but there is also a video file I just made... at the end of the video, I repeated this progress bar animation, so you can clearly see what's happening.

Screencap from this video file:
1195424099.jpg

And for all interested who want to see this in action, video file can be downloaded from here (orange download button is at the bottom of the page):

http://savefile.com/files/1204861

Cheers!

Back