Let's see if your real face looks better than your desktop. Post your pic!

Well, heck! I don't have a rock, but I could either hit him in the head with my TiPB or my...

BRAND NEW 600MHz, combo-drive iBook that just got here like 15 minutes ago! Sorry. I digress. And Admiral, who you calling little?!

J

I wonder if there's a bunch of statistics out there on mac users.
I would be curious to see what the male:female ratio is. I was at my apple store last night and I didn't see very many women come in, though one of the staff members was female....

Anyone have any numbers?

I have a phone number?

And now that I'm a father, do I get a Ti for Christmas?

Do you guys REALLY give a rats a**?

Scott, yes. I believe I read in the parent contract thingee that all parents get a free TiPB. Check the fine print:)

As for number of users male vs. female, I can vouch for my office. We're 100% Mac at the office (85% female), and the majority use Macs when they go home. The exception is about 10 women who use peecees at home because their husbands have them. In the general population, I've found that the percentage of women using Macs is slightly (very slightly) higher than the percentage of women that use peecees, however, both are teeny tiny percentages when compared to men (we're talking real users, not just the email, christmas card list types). I attribute the slightly higher than peecee thing to the fact that mac's always been the artist/designer's tool of choice, and that field is skewed slightly towards women.

Plus, it's not at all being a girl geek. Sure, you meet a lot of guys, usually pretty smart guys, but the workplace is still a tough nut to crack. I frequently get the "oh, isn't that cute! the girl's gonna set up our network! okay, honey, where are the guys that will really be doing the work?"

It gets old, and a lot of my fellow(?) females have dropped out of the game.

J

Just say "Go f*** yourself"

It feels good.

On the same topic, most of the producton managers I work with are women and they handle most of the on site tech stuff without question. I just go on site for the bigger stuff, or to stay employed

Edited: Cause I thought I was somewhere else and used nasty language

her we go again :p
** graps Tibook from j's hand **
>> "the rock" impersonation <<
Who am I calling little, little girl ? It should be so painstakingly obvious!
>> End of impersonation<<

** raises eye brow and stares at J **

** waits for enxt more **

Admiral
Can you compreeeeheeeeeeeeeeeeeend, WHAT THE ADMIRAL IS SAYING ???
(lol :p --> a little too much vodka maybe ? :p)

The last thing I heard an Admiral say was something about being the model of a modern major general or something like that. No word on rocks yet.

Admiral, do NOT make me use the new iBook... <said in as threatening a tone as I can muster, which isn't really very threatening and has made threatenees collapse in fits of laughter, but just pretend I was scary for a sec, k?>

J

Here it goes a photo o' mine... :p

47542308.jpg

It was taken from the video input of an old BW security camera...

A rough tip of what I look like... =)

>> the rock impersonation <<
J.... Bring it on! :cool:
>> end of the wock impersonation <<

I am having fun lol :p
Hey J post a picture of you laughing ;) I wanna see it ;-)

Admiral

Laughing, hmmmm. I don't think I have one, but this one at least shows that I have a face.

J

Attachments

• cdl.jpg
    cdl.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 291
Is that a passport foto ?? :p
IT looks fake ;) I think we have a double agent on our hands :eek: !!!!
Call the fedz! ;-)

Ahh, but you see, in Los Angeles, they take several photos and then let you pick. They even pose you and give you pointers so you get a decent shot. It's a very funny place.

J

In MA its the same :p
I just could not get something that looked good so I have one HUGE smile on my face :p (of course I had JUST passed my driving exam, so I guess it was well warranted :p)

Back