Mac OS X 10.1.5 Released!

10.1.5! 10.1.5! Give us 10.1.5. I am a busy boy. I do not have all night, and I start finals tomarrow! Give us 10.1.5!

depending on your settings this post may have been bumped to the second page of posts in this tread and it hasn't even been released yet :) 35 minutes till 5

I'm sure someone @ Apple is reading this thread. He's got his mouse cursor hovering above the 'Release 10.1.5' button, grinning at our posts.

4 minutes to go? or 24 hours?

I am really praying for this release, not because 10.1.4 is not usable, but because I do not want to see Sim get abused. 3 minutes left!!!

Sim didn't your post say close of business earlier, or something to that effect. I noticed you edited your post at 4:59 pm. LOL :)

I can care less. 12 midnight is fine with me. Close of business for Apple may mean when Stevey dismisses you, and not necessarily a set hour.

'm not sure, but you can probably bank on it before the day is over (12 AM). Historically, Apple usually releases it in the afternoon, so don't get your hopes up for it this morning.

I'll post an update with all the changes when it DOES get released, although I'll be busy this afternoon, so who knows?

uoba: Don't worry, it'll be released today. MacFixIt.com and railheaddesign.com say "We expect that a general release is imminent" and "This also means we will be seeing OS X 10.1.5 released today, as well, as many of the updates to the Office Suite require OS X 10.1.5 (Quartz text smoothing)", respectively. Neither of these sites are classified as rumor sites, and they both have had an almost 100% track record when reporting things.

Get Memory Usage Getter, the only Mac OS X utility that graphically displays the memory usage of your open processes! http://homepage.mac.com/simx/

450 MHz G4 Cube | 15" flat-panel Apple Studio Display | 896 MB RAM | Que! Fire 12x10x32x FireWire CD-RW | OS X 10.1.4 Build 5Q125 | Mac OS 9.2.2 | Telex M-560 Microphone | Epson Stylus Color 777 | TI-Graph Link USB | Pro Speakers/Mouse/Keyboard | Airport card | iPod

"Some people's minds are like cement: all mixed up and permanently set..." -- Andrew Welch, el Presidente, Ambrosia Software, Inc.

"You know that first hit of heroin is free." -- Scott McNealy, Sun Microsystem's CEO, on Microsoft's .NET .

"The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't **** is the day they start making vacuum cleaners." -- Unknown

Last edited by simX on 06-03-2002 at 04:59 PM

Originally posted by jabhome
Sim didn't your post say close of business earlier, or something to that effect. I noticed you edited your post at 4:59 pm. LOL :)

What are you talking about? It never said that! I always edit my posts when I find spelling mistakes and weird sentences. That's all I did.

;) :D

well, it's just over 2 and half hours til midnight pst and still no release. of course, this wouldn't be the first time that sim has been wrong:D

(and here i was, really hoping he was right this time!!)

How many people just clicked on this thread thinking i was the one to announce it was here?:p

There are three 'visible' things in 10.1.5 that users will like:

- Quartz rendering for Carbon apps
- The Eject icon
- Multithreaded Finder

Yep, you heard right, a multithreaded Finder. I have been *cough*using*cough* 10.1.5 for a little while now and it is good stuff. I didn't notice the Finder was multithreaded until I was dragging a folder around and starting a copy while another was still in progress while the trash was emptying (shows you how observant I am while using a computer).

Originally posted by Krevinek
Yep, you heard right, a multithreaded Finder. I have been *cough*using*cough* 10.1.5 for a little while now and it is good stuff. I didn't notice the Finder was multithreaded until I was dragging a folder around and starting a copy while another was still in progress while the trash was emptying (shows you how observant I am while using a computer).

You've always been able to do that, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the Finder is multithreaded. In fact, I think it's probably not, because Apple is touting that as one of the new, improved features in Jaguar.

Anyway, I guess I was wrong. :( Stupid Apple. :mad:

Hmm, must be odd then.... considering before 10.1.5, I could never actually get the Finder to respond while copying.

well, having just checked it one last time, i hereby declare SimX officcially wrong again. But boy he sure has made today exciting all over the site, hasn't he?:D ;)

it's ok Sim. i guess you now know how reliable your source is.

damnit, this thread got my hopes up. :(

Sim X, at least change the thread title so other people aren't fooled like i was....

it's no big thing, but use better judgement next time, please.

Back