Mac OS X 10.1 (5G64) GM- HOOAHHH!

<blockquote>
[rant]
Are you a newbie to life as well?

Doesn't matter the rationalization, if you could fid a good soul on hotline who would be willing to share with you...

godd luck

otherwise the major greed factor is there and most servers either want you to upload versions of software which doesn't exist, wait in some enormous queue and get kicked, or anyway disconnected when you get to the front of the line, or they want you to pay 5$ to paypal for the privelige of using their slow connection.

All of these are in varying shades of legality with the last example being the worst. Especially since those 5$ servers are <b>always</b> pay for entry.

When you want to do something that is questionable ...be discreet.

you should have to find your own way through this. impatiently or otherwise...
<b>
Anyway, if anybody actually knew where a good server was located, would they telll?
</b>
Hotline has been ruined by opportunists and leeches. one begets the other.
in both directions.
<hr>
In the meantime, if you do some simple calculation you can realize that Apple <b>will not make any money</b> on the CD distribution.

a couple of office girls to take the orders, the actual shipping costs, and the cost of the CD. add up to just about enough profit to pay for the electricity and telephone charges they will consume in the process.

<b>Next time, </b>let's propose to Apple to get 100's of volunteer servers to mirror all over the world for free. Then people will complain they have not enough bandwidth, or time, or CDR, or knowhow, and <b>beg</b> to have someway that they can just pay someone to deliver it, to them.

While you are thinking about that better get down on your knees and thank GOD that Apple doesn't do business like microsoft (who is "planning to try" to extract a $30/month "subscription" for XP and Office software) who just sits around shrugging their shoulders wondering why more people won't patch their ever-so-popular holely server software to get rid of the insidious worms

[/rant]

</blockquote>

Jeez pal. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

I have no problem with the $20. I wouldn't pay it if I were patient, I'd just drive 25 minutes to the nearby Apple Store. That was not my intent, so don't go jumping down my throat. I was just trying to find a way to get the final faster than going to a store. I have never d/led any of the builds before this, paid of OS x 10.0 etc etc. Heck, I paid for the privilege of beta testing it for Apple. It seemed people in this thread had sources, and yes, I was hoping one would be kind enough to share. Other people on this forum made it a moot point by posting locations to get it without being selfish about it. Don't blame me or lump me with leeches and opportunists for ruining Hotline.

-Rob

How about everybody just leave Hotline discussion at the Hotline sites. It tends to bring down the morale of Apple supporting users.
(Which most of which will also tinker with HL but its one of those "don't ask, don't tell" deals; or is it out of sight out of mind? anyhew...)
Let's keep the discussions friendly 'eh.

which one is the final! 68 or 64, some people say 68 does not exist! but 64 has some cheap bugs that make me think it is not finished.... so which one is it! are there going to be many different builds of 64? oe waht?

My .02
5g64 is the final and any bugs reported by users to Apple will be addressed via software update.
Again, just my .02
I have developer access and have yet to here from my sources any mention of another build prior to yesterdays release.

Apple's Cocoa-Dev Mailing List has had a short topic on this. They say that 5G64 is the GM.
5G64 was the GM build for Mac OS X 10.1.

Potential future trivia question: the Mac OS X Developer Tools 10.1 CD went
GM at 5G59.

The 10.1 Developer Tools should also be available soon.

Back