Mac OS X 10.1 (5G64) GM- HOOAHHH!

i knew it! those bastard! they wann fucke everyone over and clogg carracho so they relase some facke info and builds just before the big hit!

apple does not care about carracho. and so what if they did release it to developers and make them think(so that we ultimately think) it is the GM?
Is there a prize for being the first person to install the newest OS?
It will still be here this saturday so nothing else matters.

doesanyone have it on good authority (i want to see it in print-from Apple) that you shoud now put X and classic on the same partition? i cant picture it myself, what are you going to do if you want to clean install? and, i doont know if im correst, but looking at the file size for an over-installation it looks like it only upgrades the system. im probably wrong on that one, but as for evidence of
Yes, Apple does now recommend that 9 / X be on the same partition. That's how all their computers now come from the factory. That's how the Software Restore disks install everything

well, they're not going to partition every HD they ship are they?
and the 5G68 thing? is this all based on one members spittle of poison to wind you guys up? free&unmuzzled has it right im sure.

oh, and swizcore, check your mail...

Originally posted by free&unmuzzled

And why would that be? I just installed 10.1 on my iBook over 10.0.4 and 9.2.1 on the same drive, same partition. Why would Apple make an install CD that required users to have two drives/partitions? Basically... what the heck are you talking about?!?!?? ;) :confused:

That comment was in reference to wether the 10.1 UPDATE required that 10 be installed. What I was saying was that yes it does require 10 be installed, but you will have the option to format after the check is made. In my personal experiance, it is preferable to install 10.1 fresh and not update an existing 10 install.

Originally posted by brodie
i dont know if this is news to you guys/gals, but check out: xicons.macnn.com/articles/defaults.phtml
for all your personalisation needs.

Somethin crazy is going on, when i click this link, it opens a new window with my website in it! I even looked at the source code of this page and it says nothing of my site. WhOA! Scary stuff in MacOSX.com land today...

Okay here's the thing:

- I'm currently running OS X 10.0.4.
- I got a copy of 10.1 and I'm trying to start the installation, then the system
says it need to restart in order to begin the installation
- during Restart, the install don't run and I'm back where I began!
- I try restarting again holding the C key, but nothing...and back again!
- Under Startup Disk in the System Preferences I choose the CD-ROM as the boot disk...still nothing.

I NEED HELP, Anyone knows what's going on?

THANKS...BB

ok ...
first off is there and actual 10.1 CD in your CD drive when you hold the C key ?

second thing did you burn it yourself (from a download) or is it "official" ?

Originally posted by bobburton
It's a burn-copy, yes.

I tried with holding the C key with CD in, of course.
My guess would be that you burned your CD using Toast... and you mounted the image on the desktop to do so. Because of this, Toast used the optimize-on -the-fly feature, witch rendered your CD unbootable in OS X.

Solution ? Reburn a new CD ! (Yes, I know : bummer ! It hapened to me too !) But this time, without mounting the disk image on the desktop. It will now work !

OK, I am an admitted newbie to Hotline. I am also horribly impatient. Could someone kindly direct me to a server that has the latest build? E-mail or private message, whatever (or post it here and watch it get flooded). Since the thing's officially out I don't see it being a big deal anymore. Thanks for your help.

-Rob

OK, I am an admitted newbie to Hotline. I am also horribly impatient. Could someone kindly direct me to a server that has the latest build? E-mail or private message, whatever (or post it here and watch it get flooded). Since the thing's officially out I don't see it being a big deal anymore. Thanks for your help.

-Rob

Back