Mac OS X 10.1 (5G64) GM- HOOAHHH!

why doesn't the wget get and web sharing start comand not work,

when you boot fom the 5g64 cd, you have the option of erasing evrything or installing ontop, just like in the original os x cd, so i'm guessing this a whole system!

should i install it from scratch, or id doesn't matter whether i install it over my 10.04 os x?

there's an easier way to burn the cd...

in toast, go to the pull down menu and choose disk image or something like that, then drop the untouche, unmouted thingy u downloaded of crracho or hotline and drop it over toast, if you click on data, you should see the contents of the cd which confirms that it worked, now you are ready to burn.

I know there's a way to install Mac OS X 10.0 without the CD, MacOSX.org had a guide on how to do it. MacOSX.org isn't up at the moment though...

I don't have a CDRW, but I have the dmg-file (Mac_OS_X_10.1_5G64_Update.dmg), is there any way to install it without CD? Perhaps I could copy the files to an empty partition or something. Anyone know anything about this?

Here you go. I have used this on OLD dev build of OS X and it works fine. You will need to follow the direction to the letter, or you can image it onto an 'in-use' partition by using the 'Restore in Place' option and booting from a OS 9 CD.

:)

Attachments

• osxnocd.txt
    884 bytes · Views: 120
Originally posted by rhale1
Here you go. I have used this on OLD dev build of OS X and it works fine. You will need to follow the direction to the letter, or you can image it onto an 'in-use' partition by using the 'Restore in Place' option and booting from a OS 9 CD.

:)

Thanks! :)

DiscCopy 6.5b11 is available to Apple Developers who can get 5G48 and higher. Or you can always try Carracho!:)

I was finaly able to mount the dmg image! You need Toast 5.0 thank you all for your help! I will now starting to enjoy my new system software :O)
Ciao
Frank:D

In the process of downloading it now :p

I left my work computer on 3 carracho servers lol
1 for music vids
1 for OS X
1 for misc for a friend.

There was a queue of 20 people before me lol so I hope the server doesn shut down later on tonite or tomorrow lol.. I wanna get it
The good thing is that my work computer is on T1 so I can get it fast :D

Admiral

I have a wallstreet G3 with a DVD Player but on install of the newest version of 10.1 i do NOT have the DVD Player in my Applications folder... any magic to doing this?

-erik

admiral you need to get some access to my server with those speeds..

although its upload to download, ha! and private!
WoLF's Apple T1 Server
classified under ethernet bandwidth

upload ??? hmmm the concept is foreign to me :p lol... just kidding ;)

Hey whatever happened to that carracho OS server ? It had almost every PPC os out there

I hope wolfden (or whaever its called) did not go down and up again lol I would hate to have it not downloaded when I get in on monday :p

Admiral

Has anyone noticed a decent speed improvement when moving from 5G40 to 5G64?? I ask this because I havent, in fact almost feels like I havent upgraded at all. Though my kernal version would beg to differ. and im on a DP too!! :eek:

My system has shown definite improvement from even 5g59 to 5g64. Stability is better, there are no stutters, all is much improved for me.
I just feel overall alot more confident with the system than previous builds.

I haven't got 10.1 yet but WHY isn't wget there? I don't see why apple would drop it. It's not like it takes up much space and AFAIK it doesn't have any security problems. Maybe it was a slip when they made the installer and it will be in the final.
Is there any thing else missing (compared to 10.0.4)? Or have they singled out wget for some reason? I know I can get wget and install it my self (I did this to upgrade it form 1.5.3, the version that comes with OSX, to 1.6) but i'm curious to know why they dropped it.

Peter

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
I hope wolfden (or whaever its called) did not go down and up again lol I would hate to have it not downloaded when I get in on monday
I hope you have better luck than me : I have almost downloaded 5G64 twice... only to come back in the morning and see that the servers had crashed at about 50 MB (the first time) and 20 MB (the second time) before the end. Since I could never log back on these same (understandably busy) servers, I now have two ~450 MB door-stops on my hard drive ! :(

If anybody here feels like being "extra-generous", please feel free to send me a private message ! ;) (Really ! :D )

[Edit : thanks for your generosity ! I'm OK now...]

does anyone know, where i can download a preview version of Puma?... i have Carracho and Limewire and at this moment i can use a 512kb line!... :)

Originally posted by tazmandevil
does anyone know, where i can download a preview version of Puma?... i have Carracho and Limewire and at this moment i can use a 512kb line!... :)
If I can ever, ever finish to d/l the thing... I'll tell you where to find it... (IYSWIM) ;)

Back