Mac OS X 10.4.6 released...

El Diablo,

Here is a little snapshot of mine. The funny thing is that preferences say that both should be Gill Sans 14, I am pretty sure that the bottom is not. The upper pane used to be in a much heaver font I think, but then again I could just have early onset senility. I don't really remember fiddling with the fonts myself so I assume that they are standard, but hey I don't know.

Attachments

• mail pic.png
    mail pic.png
    16 KB · Views: 19
Strange... perhaps an updated version of the font was installed? Can you check the modification time on that particular font?

I tend to stick with smaller, fixed-width fonts, and mine didn't change. Strange!

I intalled from Software Update (as always), I ran Onyx beforehand (as always), and had no problems (as always).

Nope, last modified March of 2005. Well I will have to poke around and see what else I can find. The funny thing is that the lower text is definitely in a different font and it is not the fixed Andale Mono it is supposed to be for plain text messages. Well I'll have to try and trash my prefs and try again later.

JetwingX said:
I still haven't see what exactly was changed for the iSync update...

As mentioned it supports more phones. It also removes the 8 weeks restrain on upcoming events. It can now sync a year in advance.

aliensub said:
As mentioned it supports more phones. It also removes the 8 weeks restrain on upcoming events. It can now sync a year in advance.

What phone do you have? I am in the market for one and looking for ideas. By the way, I am in the US so I was leaning toward the Sony Ericsson W600i.

Captain Code said:
Nope, if you have the latest Office update it'll automatically index emails and whatnot.

This doesn't happen on mine - everything up-to-date, but it's certainly not indexing e-mails.

I ran permissions after the install. Disk Utility did not list the permissions it changed, as it always did, just the reported it did. Anyone notice that ?

yeah someone mentioned it before. they've fixed all the bugs that were thowing up special permissions. it's clean again.

Satcomer said:
What phone do you have? I am in the market for one and looking for ideas. By the way, I am in the US so I was leaning toward the Sony Ericsson W600i.

See if you can get the W800i. That is a brilliant phone.

I used to have it but mine broke (dropped) so I brought a Nokia 6280. I prefer the Nokia but it depends on what your needs are. The W800 has the best MP3 Player I've seen on a phone so far (other than the W600, that is a bit better) as well as a 2.0MP camera with autofocus. The Nokia has a 2.0MP camera too but no autofocus. It does have better video recording capabilities compared to the W800.

I updated last night and all seems to be well.

Just a quick question tho, im new to all this how do you force a disk check on a Mac?

All is well on my iMac G5 so far. I performed the Software Update to 10.4.6 and I noticed the unusual two-time-boot (which apparently is the usual for 10.4.6). Thankfully, I just let it do it's thing and complete the update.

Haven't done much yet with my iMac lately to find any issues, but so far the system is running fine. Internet access is working OK (I'm using Firefox but I will test with Safari). So far so good. :)

dormarth said:
Just a quick question tho, im new to all this how do you force a disk check on a Mac?
You can boot in single-user mode and run an fsck on the drive, or boot from your Mac OS X Install CD/DVD and use Disk Utility to repair the drive.

Everything seemed OK, but then it hung on checking mail in Eudora 6.2. Tried several times, hung each time with AUTH error. Tried it with AUTH enabled and it worked, then tried it without AUTH again and it still works...

10.4.6 problem or a short glitch with the ISP?

I will see if the same thing happens when I update the iBook this evening.

ElDiabloConCaca said:
You can boot in single-user mode and run an fsck on the drive, or boot from your Mac OS X Install CD/DVD and use Disk Utility to repair the drive.

Cheers will try that tonight :)

Did anyone notice that the About This Mac window now shows which startup disk you are using? I don't think that was there before. Not that it really matters but I just noticed it.

Captain Code said:
Did anyone notice that the About This Mac window now shows which startup disk you are using? I don't think that was there before. Not that it really matters but I just noticed it.
Mine doesn't.

Back