MacWorld 2009 predictions

Will there be a "one more thing" during MacWorld ?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'd agree, I'd expect the sheer quantity of data involved to be too much for iMovie (or iPhoto) to be shifted entirely into the Cloud. If any plans do go ahead, it may be that this simply provides additional features for MobileMe users, but does not entirely replace the current way of doing things.

For a second I totally thought you said you couldn't wait to get one and my first thought is "That guy has gone crazy, doesn't he know its fake?"
They did a pretty god job on making all the signs, making the MacBook and faking the keynote. I'm actually impressed.

Well that was disappointing to say the least. IT was pretty obvious the 17" mbp would be updated. So other than that no hardware updates? Was hoping for a new mac mini but I guess that will be phased out now.

Well that was disappointing to say the least. IT was pretty obvious the 17" mbp would be updated. So other than that no hardware updates? Was hoping for a new mac mini but I guess that will be phased out now.

Well, Apple has been known to release stuff after the keynote, and even after the Macworld events.

I don't think so, cory. I'd say we'll see Mac mini and iMac udpates soon enough. There's always next Tuesday. Every week there's next Tuesday. Remember last year? They really had a frenzy of new releases for a couple of weeks.

I've got all the news from the keynote on http://macnews.net.tc as well. Not minute by minute, but good enough, I think... And I don't think the show was disappointing. Of course most of the rumours were not about products that actually made it into the keynote, but iLife and iWork _do_ take time to demo, so in some ways, it does make sense.
I would've liked to see the iPhone nano released. And I don't like how they're pimping Leopard now, almost 1.5 years after its release. They're not talking about 10.6 the least bit, so my guess is that either they really want to squeeze the Leopard 'til its final day (upsetting people who buy now and learn about 10.6 in March or something) - or it has been delayed and will only be released in Summer/Autumn. That _would_ be a pity, since it seems to me it'll be a very welcome release. Nothing fancy/shiny, simply a really good, tight, performance-oriented release. (I'm an enemy of the "300 new features"-frenzies of the past, where most of those "features" were templates or new languages or every new desktop picture or screensaver that they also counted for the number.)

Well, the extension might also quell the PPC Mac users that are worried about their G5s being left behind at this point. ;)

Seriously, even if 10.6 were already out, I think that Leopard would be supported for quite a while by developers. However, I do see a lot more apps coming out Intel-only, and even though Apple would continue support for Leopard, an OS without current apps is of no use.

Damn, that 17-inch MacBook Pro is sexy. 8 hours on a charge? A battery that lasts 5 years and 1,000 charge cycles? 8GB of RAM?

Makes me wish I had $4,500 stuffed down the front of my pants. Now THAT is a machine I could really use day-in and day-out, as both a portable and a desktop machine.

Damn, that 17-inch MacBook Pro is sexy. 8 hours on a charge? A battery that lasts 5 years and 1,000 charge cycles? 8GB of RAM?

And a Matte Screen option!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you Apple. :)

Dang, now I'm tempted to replace mine, though not too sure about going to the 17" size with the amount of travel I do. Maybe they'll update the 15.4s with similar options soon (please, please, please.) Even 6 or 7 hours for the 15.4 would be worth it to me. However, the screen option and maybe the extra RAM would seal the deal.

Good keynote and good move on the iLife side.

And Apple found a way to sell its iTunes content a second time with a general move towards iTunes plus.

Since you can upgrade the tracks, it's not like you have to buy them twice full price. 30% for albums seems reasonable enough, I find.

Since you can upgrade the tracks, it's not like you have to buy them twice full price. 30% for albums seems reasonable enough, I find.

It's reasonable, and I already did it... but nevertheless its a good move to make money in these difficult times.

Apparently the download is based on the list of what has been downloaded by the account, not by what is in the library.

Therefore my question. If I lose my music due to a disk error, can I download it again ?

[...]
Next summer, we'll learn that iLife will be included in Snow Leopard because the same type of apps will be included with 7.

For this one, I am not far with the arrival of the Mac Box Set.

Well... Actually, I'd personally phrase this as you were off. At least for now. But I don't think they'll include it with 10.6. They'll merely keep that "Mac Box" thing. What it reminded *me* of was the possibility of a PC version. *grin* The name would be perfect. "The Mac Box". Transform your HCL (hardware compatibility list) complying PC into a Mac with Mac OS X, iLife and iWork. ;)

Back