MacXP.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skinning Windows XP or any other Windows version to look like OS X is just sad. Windows runs 10x slower when skinned (or 5x, it doesn't matter, it just runs slower), so why don't you just get OS X? :confused:

To prove the maniac wrong:

Plus, even OSx is a rewritten verion of another OS... Nobody flamed mac for basing it's next gen OS on an existing OS (Yeah sorry... forgot the name of it... but I do know the core, is UNIX) So if some people like the core of Windows but like the looks of aqua... Let them be and don't flame a website for providing other users with the ability to do so.

No, OS X in not a rewritten version of another OS. It runs over darwin (that's what it's called).

Windows users can be very arrogant and uninformed and are more likely to flame or troll people. But mac users can be annoying sometimes as well.

I think we should all just stop here and cool down. That goes for both sides.

And stop argueing about grammar. It is a good thing to write properlly, but stop flaming over it. That goes for both sides.

About the actual issue, I think that if they want to do this then they can. I think the same thing - "Get a mac!". Obvously some of the people responding here have, which is good. I dont have a big problem with that. Athough I would find it kind of humourous if one of these aqua skin users were to turn around and say "macs suck" :).

So can we all please be reasonable and considerate. Both sides here are looking stupid. So lets disscuss this, just not flame about it.

OK?

Originally posted by Maniac
This is just ridiculous!!
I mean come on, this almost look like a Hitler world domination speach!!! So what if windows user copy the Aqua theme? Personally I don't like mac computers and prolly never will, but the theme is pretty, yeah so what, I prefer eye candy to fisher price looks!

You're ridiculous. You are stealing from Apple in this case. Apple pays MILLIONS in UI design and the only way they can make it back is product sales. So you haven't given them any money, so you're stealing.

Don't like Macs but like Aqua. That is the most stupidest thing I've ever heard. Don't like XP's look? Don't use it. Want Aqua? Buy a Mac and fund the company who is making it.

Sorry to keep fanning the flames but this is a perfect example of Windows users just using it with no intent of buying a Mac. And I'm sure there's many more.

Hey, guys! Twyg is this (---) close to closing this thread. Can you guys stop flaming each other???

Thread closed.

Next time a windows user comes here and touts his site let's try to remain a little bit "cooler".

This is why mac users get a bad rap, let's not feed the fire.

If you want to continue this discussion by all means do, but not in this thread...

i'd like 2 thank MacXP.Net ... Along with Other Peeps, for Transforming my Windows XP, into something far more Special!
(hehe)

desktop2.jpg

;)

NeYo

Ok, I'm not going to attempt to argue with that, because it is technically still open :). twyg can deal with it if he wants.

Neyo, Aquafied Windows XP is worse than the real thing. I can't even begin telling how bad it is... :rolleyes:

• The genie effect minimizes to the itunes icon
  • When you do the magnification effect in the dock, it is all fuzzy...

Anyone wanna add (to persuade NeYo to get a Mac?) :rolleyes:

Originally posted by xoot
Neyo, Aquafied Windows XP is worse than the real thing. I can't even begin telling how bad it is... :rolleyes:

• The genie effect minimizes to the itunes icon
  • When you do the magnification effect in the dock, it is all fuzzy...

Anyone wanna add (to persuade NeYo to get a Mac?) :rolleyes:

LOL! ... Dude, as much as u want 2, Errr... Criticise elements of my setup, i feel it is a LONG way from Luna ... and i am satisfied, until i get better methods and Software, to make it more OS X Like ...

As for the Mac thing! ... dude, i HAD a G3 500MHz iBook, which i SOLD ...i'm now Saving for a SuperDrive iMac .. So :p LOL!

NeYo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back