MacXP.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

serpicolugnut

OS X Supreme Being
Man, this is gettin' ridiculous.

MacXP.net

Not only are XP users ripping off Aqua, but now they're ripping off our alternative themes like Sosumi!

Let's start looting themexp.org for OS X themes!

What's worse, some guy tried to fight back by making a OS X theme looking like Windows XP...he couldn't do it. It looked too much like XP, so no'one wanted to use it:D

That's disgusting! Windoze users say they hate Mac's and OS X so much, and then they run out and copy it :confused:

Time to flood the membership rolls again guys. First, make sure you join windowsaddict.com and see if we can become the controlling force there. Next, join up on this one and flood the shout-out board.

Personally, I think Luna blows chunks. However, the "Silver" version of it is OK, other than those HUGE Open/Minimize/Close Window Widgets.

I have seen some nice third party themes for XP, but I don't think any of them are very condusive to getting actual work done with them. I mean, they look nice, but after 5 minutes of trying to use them, your eyes would be tired from all the eye candy.

Right now, my current fave theme for OS X is "Grey Aqua". Basically Aqua just darkened up a little, to offset the harshness of the white. It's very nice....

Of interesting note: Remember the Hi-Tech theme from OS 8.5 that never saw and "official" release from Apple? It's being developed for OS X, and should be available very soon over at XThemination .

What are they thinking?

I don't like idea of copying Aqua theme for WinXP because people will think Window is better OS and Apple is good at making Skin.

Yes, there are some stuffs that don't work on Mac but I think Mac is better OS than Win.

Yes, there is some problem with Mac in term of Web developing.

nice thread, erh... not.

how can one say that 'windows users say mac is bad and then copy the gui'? this is about one or two people making those themes. you'll also find one or two mac guys trying to make mac os x look like windows. happened before, happens right now. doesn't mean that you would say 'hey look, mac users think windows stinks but then they copy the gui', right?

themeing is for people who are never content with the look of their computers. and for people who don't have actual work to do. period.

What problems with web developing? I have been developing websites for myself & others for about 12 months now, and i've recently (Thanks LordCoven) started using PHP and MySQL as well. And guess what!? I do it all on a mac. SHOCK HORROR! a Mac can be used for something CREATIVE? something ARTISTIC?
unless im mistaken Macs are the most popular computers for artists who want to be able to do what they want, when they want without worrying about conflicts and all the shit with windows. (with the exception of SGI etc, for VERY HIGH-end video)

List the problems that exist for a web-developer using a Mac, and presumably MacOS X.

themeing is for people who are never content with the look of their computers. and for people who don't have actual work to do. period.

Fryke, what a completely untrue, overreaching statement you've just made. I choose to theme OS X because quite simply, after hours of use, Aqua's whiteness just grates on my nevrves. That's why I've settled on using either SilverFox, Sosumi, or more recently, GreyAqua. They all solve this problem. Most people who theme OS X do it for this main reason. Plus, the greyness of the aformentioned themes provides more of a color neutral environment when designing in Photoshop, which most graphic designers desire.

The funny thing is, back when I was using OS 8-9, I never themed the OS, and just used Platinum, even though there were hundreds of schemes/themes available.

Again, another bogus statement. I'm a web designer/developer, and although there is a Windows box on my desk, I never use it for anything more than just checking how my site looks in Windows. That's it.

I'll give you that under OS 9, Web Development tools were lacking, but under X, we've got just about every tool out there you could want. The one glaring omission is a native version of Dreamweaver, which is coming at the end of the month.

I didn't mean that Mac is not right tool for web developing.

I am just saying that there is a lot of stuff that has to be ported to OSX.

I am web developer myself who has to use Win 2K at work and Mac at home :)

Yes, PHP and Mysql are perfect solution for small and medium size business. But, what about big fish? Such as Amazon, Macwarehouse etc...

Even Macwarehouse.com is ASP :(

I know, I know, Apple has Webobject but Apple should push hard to make OS X as Enterprise solution.

Thank you.

P.S. I love my Mac and X.

what a bunch of lamers.
they say immitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but when people say macs and macosx suck, I dont see how they can copy our interface.

Woo hoo!!!!

They got shut down. I think I might have accidentally sent an email to Apple.

This thread is making me sick, seeing all these PC users trying to imitate the mac! IMO I hate the XP themes. The suck so much ass. I love to theme my mac, and I would never want to make it look more like a PC. I'm proud that I'm a mac user, and I don't want to change that. meh :D

to Fryke: yes you only see 1 or 2 users trying to copy a windows theme, no more than that. :)

:(

The site isn't down, it was a joke.

I happen to know one of the people who setup the site and he's not a Mac basher at all, he's got a mac but when he has to work on his PC he wants a little bit of mac there as well.

There are a lot of Mac users in this postition and not everyone wants to be stuck with default XP themes/apps etc.

I think all this bashing is a bit immature if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back