Missing Home Folders

Rhisiart

Registered
Since I upgraded to Mavericks I cannot see the following folders in my Finder's side bar: Sites, Public and (Home) Library.

I have had counselling over this and my counsellor has put this down to the lose of my pet rabbit when I was eight years old.

However, this doesn't solve the problem. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Go to the Finder menu and select Preferences. In the window that opens, click on the Sidebar icon.
Just check mark the items you want to show in the side bar.

Since I upgraded to Mavericks I cannot see the following folders in my Finder's side bar: Sites, Public and (Home) Library.

I have had counselling over this and my counsellor has put this down to the lose of my pet rabbit when I was eight years old.

However, this doesn't solve the problem. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

For you Home Library to show see my thread [HOWTO]How to show your Home library in 10.9.

As nealt said just drag the folders you are missing to the Finder window side bar to show those shortcuts.

The Home Library, Public and Sites icons are not in the sidebar bar (and Preferences do not allow me to add these), nor are the folders in the Finder window - so I can't drag them into the sidebar.

The Home Library, Public and Sites icons are not in the sidebar bar (and Preferences do not allow me to add these), nor are the folders in the Finder window - so I can't drag them into the sidebar.

Like I post before you can show your Home Library in 10.9 then drag that to your Finder sidebar.

Plus once you can see your Home Library folder you can drag your Sites. Plus if you open your Home folder you can drag the Public & Sites to the sidebar. I know I can do after showing my Home Library folder.

Are you saying that you do NOT have a Sites folder in your home folder?
Or, that you cannot, for some unknown reason, drag the Sites folder icon to your Sidebar?

That's odd.
Check in a newly-created user account.
If a fresh user account doesn't have a Sites folder, then it's some change in Mavericks.
If you see a Sites folder in another user folder, then you could simply make a Sites folder in your own home folder.
You may have to adjust permissions for that folder, I'm not certain about that.

I suggested creating a Sites folder.
Are you saying that you did that, and "still no Sites folder" ?
That would be a bit strange...

Then just copy it from your 10.8.5 Mac Book Pro (in your signature) to your Mini's Home folder, problem solved.

Back