MWSF Official Thread

it started with the 1984 (remake) of the 1984 macintosh ad.

steve's coolest thing he said so far: "microsoft is copying us again, it feels great!"

in these 3 yeasrs of X now the transition from classic to X is practically complete.
panther has 9,4 million users.
native os x applications are over 10,000.

Had the same issue with my PC.. fine now that I pulled my Powerbook out of the car. Maybe Apple doesn't want the PCs to watch?

senne said:
Office 2004 for Mac

-so far they are fancied up items which either existed before or are overly developed (notes). just my opinion, mind you. Didn't audio recording exist many years ago???

- many interfaces into entourage.

- mac only features...neat.

- project center sounds nice though

a new version of funal cut express released today. $299, $99 upgrade for fce 1 users

microsoft office 2004 released today.
mac first features in it (will be copied to windows later):
- word notebook view (works like scrapbook, the notes can be used in any platfrom). has noteflags.
- records audio notes in mp3, practical in meetings etc. (so we can finally see some 20 GB word files...)
- improved excel (still does not look the most innovative and userfriendly excel type application).
- if you buy today an office 10, you'll get the free upgrade. (out this spring).

Argh, I can't seem to watch the stream! Do I have to be booted into OS X to view MPEG-4?

sorry for delay in thanking you, garymum4d, but a mate just told me the problem was lack of bandwith - i was on the right url, but there was no "watch now" button showing - i thought i was going mad!

just jumped in the car and driven to my office - up and running at last!

thanks anyway - happy mwsf, everyone!

ed

G5

- working with IBM for 5 years now
- fastest in the world
- Virginia Tech - Super Cluster... - Apple Cluster is cheapest, with 200-300 million of dollars cheaper than other clusters
- more in next post..

viriginia tech. build the supercomputer, worlds fastest, using G5s, they showed that supercomputer.
"practicallly for 5,2 million $ anyone can build a supercomputer".

... video about Virginia
... video over

- they look at everything (intel, ...) but they choose for apple and macosx
- XSERVE G5

new G5 xserve.
- single and dual 2.0 G5 proc.
- ECC memory (etc etc)
- unlimited client licence
- out in feb.

single and dual 2Ghz G5, USB2, Panther server 10.3 (unlimited clients)

3 models:

basic: 2Ghz, 2999
server: Dual 2Ghz, 3999$
computer note: Dual 2gh: 2999$

shipping in februari

iTunes = 70% of legal downloads in the world
- 50.000 audiobook selled

New features:
- billboard charts in iTMS
- Classical Music tracks,..
- 500.000 tracks you can buy, largest in the world
- Pepsi: give away 100 million songs legally give away... you know