New car, w00t

michaelsanford

Translator, Web Developer
Here's the skinny on my tumblr log.

http://tumblr.michaelsanford.com/post/39959417/my-new-2004-toyota-matrix-5-speed-manual

This vehicle replaces my beloved '99 Hyundai Sonata GL V6, the "GNU" bumper sticker of which is currently (and probably always will be) my avatar on this forum. I just couldn't justify keeping that vehicle, since it only does 12 L / 100 km, whereas my new one does literally half that, is low on maintenance, and much peppier.

Also, it's manual. :)

Now you need a geek plate holder like this or this. :cool:

I don't know....I'd much prefer something like this:

469323653_319af97202_m.jpg

Or personally, even this:

469323669_cb2cc4c521_m.jpg

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

_

@Satcomer, that would be indispensable if I could change the message from inside (without installing an FM to IR relay to my rear bumper ha!) On my old car, a big black sedan, I had one of these (http://www.jcwhitney.com/WOLO-TEARD...TS/GP_2003495_N_111+10210+600006933_10110.jcw) for safety, which I used many times when helping someone out of a ditch in a blizzard, but I was also often mistaken for a cop. (They are legal where I live, BTW)

@Rhisiart If I make modifications and release it under the CC or GNU-GPL I'll let you know ;)

@nixgeek That certainly seems appripriate if your name is representative of your personality.

I'm on my way to pick up a jacket now, thanks for the indispensable warning, Rhisiart! you just may have saved my life!

Reed, bien qu'il brûle du pétrole, je suppose que tu dirais non. Cependant, mon ancien moteur avait un déplacement total de 16.2 L, mais mon Matrix jouit d'un moteur à déplacement total de 7.2 L. Alors, oui, c'est beaucoup plus écologique et plus économique. ;)

Looks like a nice car. Congratulations. :)

Doubling your fuel economy, compared to your previous car, is certainly a considerable improvement! I had to do a quick conversion to MPG, but the numbers look quite good.

I was also reminded of a query I've sometimes thought about: whether car manufacturers in the UK refer to UK gallons or US gallons when quoting MPG!

Looks like a nice car. Congratulations. :)

Doubling your fuel economy, compared to your previous car, is certainly a considerable improvement! I had to do a quick conversion to MPG, but the numbers look quite good.

I was also reminded of a query I've sometimes thought about: whether car manufacturers in the UK refer to UK gallons or US gallons when quoting MPG!

Yes... quick math says that there would be around a 16% favor towards the Imperial gallon, given that you thought in terms of US gallons.

Forget the gas. This is a picture of my mate Harry showing off his new 4x4.

By the way, he's just made his way from the Kings Arms pub in the next village to the pub I am sitting in!

Attachments

• 4x4.jpg
    4x4.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 9
Thanks bbloke!

I rode as a kid, but sadly, Ottawa and Montreal started removing their hitching posts about a hundred years ago :/

Edit: But Rhisiart, where would I put this on a horse?

Last edited:
Back