New eMac!!!

But it is 8 mm less than the origianl 15 inche iMac!

Btw, the new PowerBook has audio linein!!!!!!

specs_callouts04302002.gif

I have a question... How do the PowerBook powered the Apple 23" Cinema Display on battery???

Originally posted by dlookus
Is it just me or is it expensive? The price is so close to the iMac.

Hey, guys, this IS an iMac... They just put it in a stronger case for those careless children and students ;)

Nice iMac, anyway...

My most expensive PowerBook G4 (667MHz) is even slowest than the eMac (700MHz)!

If you are not a student you cant buy it ??? :( The iMac with LCD is too expensive . But what is the price of the New CRT eMac ?

if its cheaper i want to have one for my mother :)

Hmm, my Sherlock cap is on at the moment. If they announcing new hardware now (and completely new hardware at that), when nothing much is happening, what'll happen at the next Macworld NY?

well, we already have Ghz comps and new iMacs...I don't know what could happen next...maybe they will get some good emu-tool to run all Windows games and run them better than Windows...

Originally posted by StarScream
If you are not a student you cant buy it ??? :( The iMac with LCD is too expensive . But what is the price of the New CRT eMac ?

if its cheaper i want to have one for my mother :)

it is us$12xx...

$1,249.00
700MHz PowerPC G4
128MB SDRAM
40GB Ultra ATA drive
Combo drive (DVD/CD-RW)
56K internal modem

$1,516.00
700MHz PowerPC G4
512MB SDRAM
40GB Ultra ATA drive
Combo drive (DVD/CD-RW)
56K internal modem
eMac Stand

In U.S.

I'm not really a big fan of the white look, but I think they're fine. They probably didn't put much into the design since it's not really Apple's "pride and joy" like the iMac.

Originally posted by uoba
If they announcing new hardware now (and completely new hardware at that), when nothing much is happening, what'll happen at the next Macworld NY?

Most likely new iBooks and the G5. With Mac OS X 10.2 that'll be more than enough. :)

Originally posted by ~~NeYo~~

So... IF u're from the UK? .. U're buggered? i haven't read anything other than the Specs! :rolleyes:

I hope not, cus i want one, and Finish College in 2 months *uk*

Neyo

I'm at South Bank University and I logged in to ny Apple Account and it was there all ready for me to order. (avail. June) We (the family) was going to get an iMac LCD but the eMac is a better choice, cheaper and has combo drive.

I dunno about this here eMac.

It's priced at $999 and $1199, and it's not that innovative, just giving a 17" CRT.

I hope Apple knows what it's doing when it confuses the lineup even more..

How is it confusing the lineup? It's for education markets only.. Not even mentioned on www.apple.com/store and I doubt we'll see one in the local Apple Store. This will fit in the edu lineup *perfect* since the iMac with the small screen and g3 was getting pretty dated, and the LCD iMacs probably were to fragile and costly for low end education and certain lab situations.

This is what should have been done a long time ago, and you can see that it's purpously designed to cut costs as much as possible.. The very low end one doesn't even have a 56k modem.

I'm happy with whatever helps Apple dominate the school market once again.

Originally posted by celeborn
With Mac OS X 10.2 that'll be more than enough. :)

By the times these hit the School Stores (Late May, Early June) they may be pre-loaded with 10.2. It does say 10.1 right now, but 10.2 probably will contain optimizations for this to help it run better on the 128 MB standard ram on those things.

Probably will help out the iBooks, too.

Hmmm.. eMac.. Maybe we'll see an eBook soon, or possibly the return of the eMate?!?!

Well, I can dream.. :D

Originally posted by alexachucarro

I'm at South Bank University and I logged in to ny Apple Account and it was there all ready for me to order. (avail. June) We (the family) was going to get an iMac LCD but the eMac is a better choice, cheaper and has combo drive.
oh! :D ...
Dude, i just looked at your location! Man, u live in Crawley! LOL! thats like! ...
I have Friends, who i stay with in "Colgate" Nr. Horesham! I'm going to stay with them, probably this Saturday, for a few days! lol ... thats kinda spooky!!

NeYo

Back