New security Update

After I installed new security Update, Safari is having problem with drop menus.

Hmm... it seems like apple went back to old java script engine.

Very strange..

its been over 24hrs since I did the update and all is well on both my ibook and power mac. it seems the only people with problems after updates are the ones that keep a cluttered and haxie filled system.

all I do to alter osx is use theme changer and run the smooth stripes theme. I never have any issues at all.

ok. maybe something is wrong here... but I've had to disable my clock. it keeps hanging, and when I mouse over just the time, I get a beachball.

this is something I noticed just after the update. strange.

any1 repaired permissions after the upgrade ???

or do we have to hold u by the hand and show u the way like we do to babies?

To verify that this isn't a Safari problem, put this identity string into any browser of your choice: "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/125.4.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/125.9" and go to one of the above sites. The "4" in the WebKit number trips up QuickMenu Pro.

What kinda poorly written two bit sofware is that? The "4" trips it up?

ElDiabloConCaca said:
Try and visit these sites with Safari after installing the security update:

http://www.fedex.com (go past the country selection screen)
http://www.bestbuy.com

AAAACK!

What's really weird is Safari will render the sites perfect (after the Security Update) if you activate the Safari Debug menu and choose "Windows MSIE 6.0" as the User Agent. Running Safari in (the Debug User Agent) "Automatic Chosen" mode makes the page look really messed up. Weird. ::alien::

soulseek said:
any1 repaired permissions after the upgrade ???

or do we have to hold u by the hand and show u the way like we do to babies?
if you wanted to hold my hand, all you had to do was ask nicely ;)

I see some sites fixed too. Oh well, I won't be shopping at those sites/places none to soon. If they can't bother to update their broken site for us so called "rich" Apple users then they don't deserve my money! :mad:

Ah, they'll update some day... ;-) ... I've just noticed they're selling 'Averatec' notebooks. Who in their right mind names a notebook brand after 'average technology'? I mean: 'cheapo' would make a more attractive brand name! ;-)

Back