New "used" Desk

Nice setup! I would love a desk like that to hold my two synths as well as my Macs and GNU/Linux PCs.

Nice desk. I was just wondering in the corner (of the desk) what holds up the mass on the desk? I can't tell by the picture.

Where the two sections come together there is a base on the left section. Also there is a bracket under the top where the two top section meet.

Yes it is tidy for now but give me a day or two. No it's not carpet it is a cement floor the carpet was a blue color you might see in a kids Crayola color room.

Here's the latest snapshot of my computer workstation.

May it be stated for the record that I am obsessively tidy, but have to share my computer with two daughters, neither of whom will ever get a job in a library or museum.

Attachments

• IMG_0172.jpg
    IMG_0172.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 33
Too many to mention.

The girls normally use my old G4 (their monitor is out of the picture), complete with £5 keyboards that are easy to replace sans spills. In fact I just bought them this, which takes a bit of getting used to, but it can cope with mango juice, yoghurt and even cola.

Unfortunately it looks like the G4 motherboard has gone belly up, so at present I'm lucky to get access to my own computer.

P.S. The coffee mug is mine.

Last edited:
Nice space. The Lava Lamp & Lennon are super-cool!

Hey, what's the little camera thing near the lava lamp? And is that a little Speed Racer car?

Because I have long legs, I'm constantly kicking things under the desk. I long ago learned to hand wires under the desk and switched to an iMac so I didn't have to deal with a separate CPU.

Hey, what's the little camera thing near the lava lamp? And is that a little Speed Racer car?

It's a picture holder made from an old Kodak reflex camera.
Strange Yes?

LOL - check this out

Attachments

• Photo_011609_003.jpg
    Photo_011609_003.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Photo_011609_004.jpg
    Photo_011609_004.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Photo_011609_005.jpg
    Photo_011609_005.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 14
So, maclick, why do you put your computer under the desk? Isn't it an inconvenience to have to reach under there to plug in devices or insert CD's? Looks like you have room on the top, so there must be some reason you like it that way. (Just wondering.)

Back