Panther 7B21 (newer Panther builds)

Actually I just moved away (sad, I loved it there) to Charleston, WV; just haven't had the time to change my bio.

Yeah, I guess the neighborhood went down the tubes when I moved in! ;) lol

What's really upsetting is, I got a fast feed on Disk 2, got another 200MB and Safari crashed! I'm not meant to download this, am I? lol

hmmm im having troubles installing onto my ibook, tried the upgrade, it doesnt get past the login window, tried archive and install and still no go... trying a cleanish one now (archive and install without user backup)

Installed.

It seems quite a bit more responsive. Haven't run across any bugs as of yet, but if I do I'll let you know. Quite a few nice graphics and effects, like when you open a program from the Finder the icon briefly flashes on screen, to replace the old zoom effect. :D

You can archive files/folders through the File menu in the Finder. It does it immediately as a .zip file.

DVD Player gets a new icon... This is a great release... Also, hiding the toolbar in the Finder turns off the brushed metal. :)

Attachments

• dvd player.pdf
    15.4 KB · Views: 72
verbose mode gave me nothing, went through all the messages, then switches to a blue screen... and nothing... how ironic... a blue screen of death ;)

repair permissions, and repair disk did nothing, still gets stuck on "getting local users"

Jeez, had this happened sooner, Jason, I would have had some major second thoughts about upgrading :)

I got stuck on Getting Local Users also when I upgraded my 10.2.6 to the WWDC Build. I had to erase my drive and clean install Panther to get any operation out of my iMac.

Help your starving sisters and brothers! anybody with the latest Panther-build please post som screen-shots of the refinements to the gui (finder, exposé the nes application startup-thing etc).

Thanks!

All network stuff doesn't work for me in 7B21 (upgraded 7A202). Now clean installing on my Firewire HD. Screens will follow. Finder prefs are all new. Labels can be given names...

Thanks!
How about a photo of how Finder looks (when it is aqua).
And a photo of System Preferences (and account limitations) and how exposé looks when you have hidden the windows.

Originally posted by Go3iverson
Is this puppy safe to upgrade to from 10.3 from WWDC?

Mine upgraded just fine. As some have had problems, your milage may vary, and always have a backup incase you need to reformat and put a clean system on.

Back