Panther 7B21 (newer Panther builds)

Thank you!
but for the exposé effect i was more thinking of how it looked when you exposéd all windows to hide. i have read somewhere that it eould be some effect that let you know there where hidden windows. any sign of this?

Ah, yes. When you Exposé to the desktop, a border (dark, transparent, much like when Exposé F9 or F10 is used and small portion of all the windows are shown. I'll get a pic up later.

i have no clue whats wrong i have too much stuff to reinstall and setup again

Is this puppy safe to upgrade to from 10.3 from WWDC?

Guys or anyone that hasn't installed yet do your selves a favour. BACKUP YOUR DATA AND INSTALL IT ON A CLEAN HD. This is the official way to do it and in way too many systems upgrading from WWDC or 10.2.6 won't work. Not archive and install erase and install. The only way Pather 7B21 will work - 7 friends of mine tried to install it on top of 10.2.6 or Panther DP all of them stuck on "Getting local users" and nothing will go past it not even if you repari permissions. The only solution was to go back to DP or 10.2 back up and do a clean install....

And for those who are running it as we speak is the Address Book crashing anytime you open it? It does to me.....

i have to do a clean archive and install (no user saving) so i can get access to my files... then i will do a clean install after backing up some stuff

*sigh*

IMHO the finder windows going from aqua to metal dependant on that button is stupid, i liked it the way it was before where the window stays the same but the top bar of buttons is hidden, its not consistant with apple's design theory

Yes it is, but I've found it slightly less stable than 1.0, but if Dave Hyatt's work has ben added, I'm all for it!! :D

According to Mr. Hyatt, its mostly behind the scenes stuff, tiny little things I probably never even needed. Progress is good anyway on "the Mac's greatest browser".

Originally posted by Jason
i havent noticed any differences between 1.1 and 1.0 o_O

Does wmode transparency work on safari now? I had this problem before with Safari and I'm wondering if they fixed or not.

I'm running 7B21 on a 12" PWBK the Address book Quits all the time if I use Target Disk mode and boot another Mac like an eMac the Address book works.

Compared to the earlier build the mail application is more Reliable.

Some nice tweaks to the GUI but the most important thing for me is the machine is more responsive.

iSync now hotsyncs with Exchange servers to bring down your Address book not the Shared Address book.

YES!

iSync with Exchange is HUGE! This is something I've been dying for here since I started this job. Does it work well? I'm up to disk segment 13 out of 18 on Disk 1...oddly, I have disks 2 and 3 completed already. ;)

Back