Post your desktop!

This is what I do my work on! Isn't it exciting?

Attachments

• Desktop-Real.jpg
    Desktop-Real.jpg
    569.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Keyboard-(Web).jpg
    Keyboard-(Web).jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Desktop-(Princeton)-Web.jpg
    Desktop-(Princeton)-Web.jpg
    685 KB · Views: 34
Qion said:
This is what I do my work on! Isn't it exciting?

Dude....very cool setup! I don't know if you saw mine.....I had posted it some time back. I have two synths setup. The only issue is software. I used to use Master Tracks Pro under Classic, but now I don't have anything to use under OS X. I've tried Master Tracks under Classic mode, but it doesn't work well and locks up.

The only difference now is that I have a Linux PC underneath my desk along with my iMac G5 and the Quadra 650. I have installed LMMS but I need to connect the MIDI interface to it. Currently, I'm just using GarageBand but since it doesn't allow for MIDI out, it's not that useful to me beyond what is internal to the iMac and GB.

I think I do have a copy of some sequencing software for OS X, but I haven't made the effort to look for it. :p

Thanks! I would love two synth arrays..
I haven't personally used LMMS... what you see on my screen is Ableton Live. It's awesome for doing live DJ'ing and things of the such, but I would personally use Garageband over Live for actual song creation. Of course it's always possible to sample your session in Live, but the arrangment view is a bit iffy.

Multiple monitors is great; I would have to say I'd rather use a Mac, a keyboard, a couple screens, and a piece of sequencing software than a complicated mixing rack.

(Btw, if you could scrounge it up, I would like to see your workstation)

That is funny in a sort of sequential historical way... you have a 2Ghz iMac alongside a Quadra 650 and a Duo 230, hahaha.

Do you have a specific genre of music that you play, create professional music, or just have synths to satisfy your own interest in music? Personally, I have this setup 1. To practice after music theory class and 2. To entertain my persona and friends :)

Well, I haven't done anything professionally. I have played for my church but I haven't done that for about a year and a half, although I'm looking into getting back into doing that. I studied sound engineering as well as music theory for some years, but my experience interning at a recording studio soured me to the whole industry. Some of the stuff I have created can be called a mix of instrumental, new age (I hate that term :p), electronic, and ambient. Just to give you an idea, the song that I wrote for my wife for Valentine's Day sounded like the soundtrack to a romantic movie according to my wife.

I have some other projects i'm working on personally, but with kids it gets a bit tough. I'm usually up practicing from around 10-midnight since that's the only time I can actually practice undisturbed, but sometimes I'm just so tired that I'm half-falling-asleep while I'm practicing. :p

Amie said:
Oh, hell yes, it means something. I can totally appreciate your desktop image, man! I'm a HUGE Chevy fan and currently own a Malibu. Used to be called a Chevelle. Best darn muscle cars in the history of automobiles, IMO. Impalas are sweet, too! Hey, if we both get rich, we can race: Your Impala against my 1970 Chevelle/Malibu with a customized V10 Viper engine. :D

That will be my pleasure, as long as we don't race on Quebec's roads, they are actually a bunch of holes with asphalt surrounding them. Well I'm not rich yet unfortunately.

I'm really looking for that new chevy Malibu, I need a new car by 2007. It's a very good deal, is there a catch???

I just got a new Faux Fur wallpaper and thought I should upload for eternity in the vastness that is cyber space.

Attachments

• backdrop.jpg
    backdrop.jpg
    415.8 KB · Views: 24
I change my desktop image frequently, depending on my mood. Here's the one I'm using today:

Attachments

• NoWindoze.jpg
    NoWindoze.jpg
    448.3 KB · Views: 24
Here's the one I was using a few days ago--colorful and 3D:

Attachments

• AppleX3D.jpg
    AppleX3D.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 16
Amie said:
I change my desktop image frequently, depending on my mood. Here's the one I'm using today:

This one is a good one to put on one of the Intel-based Macs if someone gets the urge to perform the Windows XP installation on it. :p

nixgeek said:
This one is a good one to put on one of the Intel-based Macs if someone gets the urge to perform the Windows XP installation on it. :p
Maybe I should send it to those hackers that got Windows XP to run natively on the MacBook Pro. :D

my current desktop. the photo is of my new ibook.

Attachments

• Picture-1.png
    Picture-1.png
    311.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Picture-1(2).png
    Picture-1(2).png
    403.5 KB · Views: 24
Lt Major Burns said:
my current desktop. the photo is of my new ibook.
Congrats on your new iBook! It's soooo purdy! I love the way you shot that photo with the lighting and all.

Now you need to update your sig and include that beauty!

Lt Major Burns said:
i say new, it's 3 years old. it's new to me. it's the G3 iBook 700 in my sig.
Ah, so you bought it recently, used. I see! How do you like it?

Lt Major Burns said:
i say new, it's 3 years old. it's new to me. it's the G3 iBook 700 in my sig.
I just noticed you're running Tiger on an older (G3) iBook model. With not very much RAM. It run OK?

notoriousmac said:
Da da da, da da, da da ... can't touch this! Break it down... da da da da, da da da ... hammer time!

Hey, you've got some funky looking icons in your Dock that I don't recognize. What are they, if you don't mind me asking? For instance: the cone, the horseshoe, the yellow and black up and down arrow sign?

Amie said:
Da da da, da da, da da ... can't touch this! Break it down... da da da da, da da da ... hammer time!

Hey, you've got some funky looking icons in your Dock that I don't recognize. What are they, if you don't mind me asking? For instance: the cone, the horseshoe, the yellow and black up and down arrow sign?

Lol..

Icons:

Finder
Dashboard
Firefox
iTunes
Pathfinder
iPhoto
iCal
Alarm Clock
Cone >> VLC player
BluePhoneElite