Safari Beta 2 (v73) officially out!

Cool, tabbed browsing is great!

I think my girlfried is going to develop some kind of split-personality disorder if I change the default browser on the Mac again, so default will stay Camino for a while =)

Of course, I notice that they still can't get the "maximize" option right. Why can't Apple figure out that the "maximize" option should expand windows horizontally AND vertically???

(for that matter, why does OS X insist on auto-putting desktop icons UNDER the Dock??)

Rip

Originally posted by senne
you know what would be really good. Browse the web togheter with Rendezvous!

Ok, it's a stolen idea from the new feature in MSN 8/9/? . Ohwell..Everybody steals.

That would be an especially nice feature for me, as a web developer. I could have clients navigate the site with me as a virtual walk-through. I realize this wouldn't be 100% a reflection, of reality between the two machines, but it would certainly help prevent clients from wondering into areas of the site that I don't want them in.

:D

Originally posted by fryke
Rendezvous is for local networks.

How do you enable it? Does it automatically look for websites hosted on the local network (that are on another OSX machine?)

The idea seems kind of wierd to me.:confused:

actually the "+" icon you're talking about is not 'maximize' really. it's a 'zoom' button, which makes the current document fit into the window. web pages, since they are usually so long, don't really take full advantage of this feature .... so it seems like the page just 'maximizes vertically'.

Originally posted by Ripcord
Cool, tabbed browsing is great!

I think my girlfried is going to develop some kind of split-personality disorder if I change the default browser on the Mac again, so default will stay Camino for a while =)

Of course, I notice that they still can't get the "maximize" option right. Why can't Apple figure out that the "maximize" option should expand windows horizontally AND vertically???

(for that matter, why does OS X insist on auto-putting desktop icons UNDER the Dock??)

Rip

Originally posted by fryke
Rendezvous is for local networks.

ummm.. yes, i know.
And i have a local network (2 computers! :D), but i still don't see the links of the ohter computer... Ohwell

lucky.gif

Yea, it is slow switching between tabs when something is loading. After the pages are loaded, things speed up.

actually the "+" icon you're talking about is not 'maximize' really. it's a 'zoom' button, which makes the current document fit into the window. web pages, since they are usually so long, don't really take full advantage of this feature .... so it seems like the page just 'maximizes vertically'.

Okay, sorry about using the windows(tm) terminology there... (Though "zoom" seems incorrect, since nothing actually zooms, just the viewing area or "window" expands)

However, does anyone like the Safari zoom behavior? Besides, Camino seems to do it the way I want =)

Rip

Originally posted by ~~NeYo~~
How?

when you put a link in the bookmarks bar, it gets a shortcut (see bookmarks>bookmarks bar)

The one at the most left gets apple + 1, second = apple + 2, etc..

Originally posted by senne
when you put a link in the bookmarks bar, it gets a shortcut (see bookmarks>bookmarks bar)

The one at the most left gets apple + 1, second = apple + 2, etc..

Ah, thats not so great then! ... i have ALL my Bookmarks arranged like this...

Attachments

• picture 1.jpg
    picture 1.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 57
Back