Safari Beta 2 (v73) officially out!

Or just wait for the next round of beta builds. Or the final version. I'm sure they'll allow to have a tab-set as homepage.

Originally posted by LordOphidian
Androo, I think you missed his joke by a bit. He was saying you were old because you said you have had tabbed browsing since 62, which can be easily taken to mean 1962 by the way you said it.

Oh but i did get his joke. But i am not old, i am 13. I am trying to show that i am too cool for jokes.
OKAY I DIDNT GET HIS JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FOCUSED IN THE BREAK!

honestly i usually get jokes........ i am tired, i better sleep. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO who here likes safari so far?

How many betas will there be until 1.0 final? Cuz 73 kinda seems like 1.0, it's perfect, all the features are there. Why don't they just check out some bugs, fix em, then release 1.0!? Then if there's another problem, they make 1.1. If they wanna add a new feature, make it in 2.0. It's easy!

Nobody said they wouldn't (so far). I still think 1.0 isn't very far and that WWDC is not the worst occasion to release a final version.

Sure, a browser isn't ever a finished product, and I hope that the day Apple releases Safari 1.0, development on bug fixes and idea-gathering for an 1.1, 1.5 or 2.0 version is started.

How many betas will there be until 1.0 final? Cuz 73 kinda seems like 1.0, it's perfect, all the features are there. Why don't they just check out some bugs, fix em, then release 1.0!? Then if there's another problem, they make 1.1. If they wanna add a new feature, make it in 2.0. It's easy!

Well, I can still list quite a few features I'd like added:

1-Subscriptions
2-Pop Up Exemption List
3-Improved download manager - possibly with a "advanced mode", where it shows much more info, and a "standard mode", like what it is now.
4-Spell check in form boxes

Plus, there is still quite a bit of work to do on Webcore. Dave Hyatt seems to nailing bugs at quite a fast pace, so this really shouldn't be the holdup.

Apple is in no hurry, so I doubt we'll see a final 1.0 declared before Panther ships.

Originally posted by serpicolugnut

1-Subscriptions
2-Pop Up Exemption List
3-Improved download manager - possibly with a "advanced mode", where it shows much more info, and a "standard mode", like what it is now.

Plus, there is still quite a bit of work to do on Webcore. Dave Hyatt seems to nailing bugs at quite a fast pace, so this really shouldn't be the holdup.

Apple is in no hurry, so I doubt we'll see a final 1.0 declared before Panther ships.

I'd also like to see image blocking. Esp for the those "WINNER" banners which blink even faster in Safari than in Mozilla. They're enough to give anyone a seisure.

New benchmark for browsers: "How many fps do you get from those winner banners?" ;-)

hmmm i know notice a few problems with v73... http://deviantart.com i can't login to. Some things wont allow it to be logged in. Yeah a better download manager would be nice. Hmmmm do you think that apple peoples ever come here for ideas?

[3 minutes later...]
Well i just submitted to apple some things that need to be improved! I guess they don't check those often though.

Software Update does not show you the new Safari unless you have the old one installed directly in your /Applications folder...

Originally posted by serpicolugnut

1-Subscriptions
2-Pop Up Exemption List

bookmarks as a tab

close a open window into a tab (for us jerks who slip on the control key while clicking):confused: :eek: :mad:

a big I SECOND THAT to number 3. I have had too many nearly complete downloads that broke off only to have to start all over again. iCab was really good at download resumes

Originally posted by twister
I got that when i didn't fill in a name and email.

Yeah that requirement to fill in a name and email annoyed me so much that I lie about it everytime now. It's actually kind of fun making up wierd names and emailaddys :)

Yup, Safari v73 rocks. I sorrowfully stopped using Chimera/Camino about two months ago.

I no longer have any issues at all, but my girlfried keeps losing access to Hotmail. The first time she was able to get around it by bookmarking the login page and going in that way (or something like that, I wasn't here). Now it's happened again. She can get into her account, but the form submit buttons won't work, so she can view and compose mail, but not send. Is this a matter of M$ tweaking things on their end, or what?

I've deleted all Hotmail and M$N cookies, but won't know if that worked till she comes over again, probably tomorrow.

She also said something about Yahoo mail behaving similarly, but I haven't seen that one myself. Is anybody else seeing this things?

Back