Safari with Tabs (v62 - v71)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've been using v.64, its just amazing, really like it. The tabs workjust brilliantly, the new lighter look for background tabs is much better, especially when using the aqua striped look(what i do), just fits in better. I like the way the tabs are positioned, just looks n feels quality.

fryke wrote:
Also: Apple-Shift-ArrowLeft (and ArrowRight) now switches between tabs. Great!

It worked allready with v62.
I like the look of the new tabs (from the screenshot). The lighter grey makes the dividers more clear. But what do you mean by a "roll-over"-effect?

they become a bit darker when you move the mouse over them before clicking.

Anyone else notice that in .64 if you have a folder of bookmarks in your bookmarks bar the bottom-most selection is "Open in Tabs"?

I guess kinda like tab-groups (but a little more flexible IMO)

;)

Meh. Forgot to attach image (this should be an option when you edit!)

Attachments

• open in tabs.jpg
    open in tabs.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 74
I really like the progress wheel in each tab. Very useful...

In a word - wow. Safari's tab implementation is now superior to that of Camino. I am duly impressed. I hope the Camino developers don't site idly by. There's no reason why these improvements can't be made to Camino as well, but I guess time will tell...

On a disappointing note - my online banking service STILL doesn't work in Safari.

yeahm the spinning wheel is a nice touch. i ditched IE after the first beta of safari, have now ditched chimera/camino now too, they're still good, but i'm a one browser man, unless checking code. lol

V64 .. tabs open BEHIND Active Window, thanks! like that! ... *you can change it via the Debug Menu*
AutoComplete has been updated some, dunno how much better that is, but hey!

its getting Better!! :D

But now you can't open a bookmark in a new tab. if i try to use the command-click on a toolbarfolder it just open all of the bookmarks in it :(

Last remarks about tabgroups, background tab-opening, etc, may make me change browser… I've just downloaded Camino 0.7 (yuck ! what an ugly name ! anyway) and I can't wait to get v64 of Safari…

Ever since the first Safari, I've been using it, and I ditched IE. But now I found 64, so I downloaded it, but it unexpectedly quits when I open it, and the old versions (60 and 62) now do the same. ?:confused:

Just backup your Safari prefs and delete them. Then try again. At first try my copy of v64 didn't want to start (from the .dmg), but when I copied it to the /Applications folder, it was working just fine. And v60 still runs beautifully, too.

i can only find safaricon.plist and that didnt help anything.

I'm forced to use Internet Explorer! The horror!

Originally posted by RPS
Done. Nothing. Can we chat?

Do you have something called pithhelmet installed? I was reading about users on the macnn forums having the same problem and they had that app installed. Apparently removing it fixed the quiting issue for them.

I've been working with the v64 beta of Safari for the last few hours and I have to say that I've been very pleased with its performance. A lot of the weird errors I saw in terms of rendering in v62 have been cleared up. However there is one annoying bug that persists.

When I open Safari I get a single screen with no tabs in it. Every thing's good so far. When I open a tab (or a tab "group") the tab bar appears at the top of the window, making the content window slightly smaller. Still all good. The problem appears when I close all the tabs, leaving a single window. When the last tab closes the tab bar disappears, but instead of expanding the content window upwards while leaving the bottom of the window where it was, it keeps the content window the same size and simply "pulls" the bottom of the application window up. So now I have Safari ending 20-30 pixels above my dock where it was snugged right up against it before. From an aesthetic and functionality stand point I find this annoying and ungraceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back