Screen Shots Request

am7

Registered
Can you guys post up screen shots of your desktops? I wanna see what all you guys have done to OSX.

go into system prefs and then international. Add a new country and a flag should appear.

(if i remember that correctly)

/System/Library/Screen Savers/ right-click (or Control-click) on Beach.slideSaver and show package contents then go to Contents/Resources/ and you should see all the beach images. The one in his screenshot is Beach10.jpg i think.

Question(s):
1st: Is there an app that lets you download album covers automatically? I know that MP3 Rage has an album cover search client, but you have to manually search for each album cover; I have 415 albums on my HD, and it would be a pain to search for and organize all of them.

2nd: In multiple screenshots I see a menubar gadget that shows bandwidth (or something of that ilk) in terms of Kb/s; where do you get that? Does it cost anything?

Oh yeah, and here's my desktop :p :

Attachments

• midesktop.jpg
    midesktop.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 147
Ok, I want to know how you get the weather on your system. I also want to know about your itunes and the calendar and the stocks?

A kewl app called <a href="http://www.konfabulator.com">Konfabulator</a> ($25 shareware, BTW) lets people create things called 'widgets' that you can place on your desktop. Best of all, 'widgets' are made using XML, Javascript, and Applescript, so it's easily customizable. Getting it is highly suggested! :p

Originally posted by twister
go into system prefs and then international. Add a new country and a flag should appear.

(if i remember that correctly)
Cool! Check out the Character Palette.

That's a VERY hidden feature... but much better than trying to use Key Caps!

well, i guess since i've spent a good part of the weekend cleaning up my office and computer, it will likely not look this good again for awhile. the pic is of one of my favorite places on the face of the earth - Cedar Falls in Ohio.

it's not supposed to be some organized theme - rather just lots of pretty pics that help me differentiate at a glance without being too obnoxious in relationship to each other. :D

Attachments

• screen2-18-03.jpg
    screen2-18-03.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 150
Nothing too special here. This is my PowerBook, so I have to keep it looking nice for when my clients see it (my home system is much less organized).

Attachments

• milnor_today.jpg
    milnor_today.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 145
Back