Snow Leopard/Adobe Flash Player

Isaac717

Registered
I am running "Snow Leopard".
I apologize if this is not the correct forum to post this.
I am a recent convert to Mac. Have been running Widows since XP.
While at You Tube or any other site that uses Flash Player I get a small pop up in the middle of the area the vid loads; asking me to increase the size of information stored on my computer. I have never seen this before. Is there any thing that will adversely affect my computer by clicking on "Allow"?

Thanking you ahead in this matter,
Isaac717

Two things:
  1. YouTube does not require Flash--not the website anyway. You may set the YouTube website to use HTML5 instead. Of course, YouTube videos embedded in other websites may require Flash.
  2. As for that error message--if you have no Flash plug-in, then you should see a message linking you to Adobe's website to download the latest Flash plug-in. It makes no sense to increase the size of information stored on your computer whatever that means.
It might help if you posted a link to a website that gave that strange error message.

It happens every time I go to You Tube to view a vid. How do I do a screen shot using Mac and I will attach the .jpeg to the next post.
Thanks.

I did a search for "Apple Support how to do a screen shot on 10.6.7. I have tried 6 times to do this to no avail.
Does anyone know why I cannot take a screen shot?

Thanking you ahead in this matter,
Isaac717

Last edited:
You can also use your Grab utility (it's in your Utilities folder :D ) to capture the part of the screen that you need.

Please forgive my ignorance; but how do I do this?
I know it may sound like a stupid question; but here again there is not such thing....
Thanks,
Isaac717

You asked " ...how do I do this?"
Did you find the Grab utility? The help menu in the Grab utility will help you through a step-by-step to capture whatever part of the screen that you want.

So, open the Grab utility app.
Choose the option that you need from the Capture menu in Grab.

The captured area will appear in a file on your desktop, probably with the name Untitled and a number.

And, ElDiabloConCaca told you about the keyboard shortcut to do the same thing, which will be the reason that you have a new file (or several files) that appear on your Desktop, titled Screen Shot, with the date & time. Do you mean that those files did not appear on your desktop? If you pressed Command-Shift-3, then those files will appear, almost guaranteed :D

Will some one please tell me what I am doing wrong.
I renamed the file .jpg; the file size is 520 KB.
I clicked on "Go Advance", "Manage Attachments", Under "Chose file from your Computer" I click on "Chose file", done, then "Upload, and the next page I see is a "Log In" page. How do I do this. I followed all the logical steps I thought. have tried it twice with the same results.
If I cannot upload a "Grab it" file how can I show what is going on.
Thanks,
Isaac717

I created a screen shot with "Preview" which set up as a .png file. With the same results as before.
Still unable to post a screen shot of the issue.

This happens every time I go to You Tube to view a vid.
I don't believe I got it to work.
Thanks,
Isaac717

Attachments

• Screenshot-1.png
    Screenshot-1.png
    512.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
The site named 's.ytimg.com' mentioned in your message window appears to be a legitimate part of youtube.
So, I think you can safely click 'Allow', and that should take care of your issue.
It's simply asking you to accept that your flash player settings need to be changed for youtube videos.
Should be a one-time fix...

Click allow to stop Flash bugging you. Then download the free Flash cookie removal program called Flush to remove all those flash cookies. Then go to YouTube's HTML page and join the HTML player program. You will then always see high definition version of videos doing this.

I have never seen the error message that you report. I have no idea why you see it because MacOS X automatically allocates memory as needed. The only thing that I can think of is that a DNS server that you connect through has been corrupted and is linking you to a malware site.

In the case of YouTube, there is no need to use Flash. Switch to HTML5 and be done with Flash for that site at least.

Thanks for the info. I will have to check with my ISP on this one.
Since the only connection that is available to me is dial-up I have not had the time to wait on the clips to load. Just been to busy with other things in my life. I guess thats a good thing. Just in case I have the time in the future how do I switch to HTML5.
Please forgive me but I am not do hair for a living and have no idea how to do this.
Again thank you for all how has helped me on this issue.

Back