Someone try jaguar?

wdw: i think it s funny that trip asked you what carracho server you used, and then when you told him, he asked you to delete it.

trip, carracho is not really for chatting. it is pretty much only for downloading files. (maybe to chat about what files to download)

Edit: I stand corrected

I do use Fire right now, but if I can use Yahoo! IM with iChat, I might just use it instead. Especially if I can transfer files, etc. using it. I do like Fire a lot though, if iChat doesn't offer me much incentive to use it, I'll probably just stay with it.

You know, I never chat. I never go into chat rooms, I never IM friends. iChat makes me want to start chatting.

Wow... Just tried running BBEdit, I finally can scrolling a long source very smoothly!!! Also, resizing is improved I can tell. But not much. Still lag behind my mouse if the window has many content, for instant, a web page. It may because I have only 16 meg VRAM and not the advance GPU card... Anyway, the very smooth scrolling show my PowerBook 667 is running at Quartz Extreme mode. Also, the dock bouncing icons doesn't slow down on screen control.

By the way, anyone tried to install it on an iPod? It fails to start up... I don't know what if it is my PowerBook or OS X 10.2 or iPod problem.

I think it is automactically turned on. Since I don't see any related option in System Preferences.

Does anyone have any links to streamable Video, Like the one for InkWell, and iChat? I Found it Really Fanacinating, ESPECIALLY from an XP user's POV!

<< I noticed FAR TOO Much Damned Eye Candy, which Annoys me, when i look @ the amound thats "non existent" in XP! :(

...it makes me want a Mac, a Whole lot more! :(

So, Does anyone have, any other Streamable Videos?! i was Engrossed for those 9 mins! :D

NeYo

Originally posted by Nummi_G4
Are people with unsupported graphics cards going to feel and see any speed improvements ????

According to the register then definitely. There's a good little round-up of what developers using the version they were given think, and in there they comment that it's a lot faster. Considering (from what I can glean) that most of the currently available Mac product line has graphics cards that don't support Quartz Extreme, this has to be to do wit the code (multithreaded finder and stuff I guess).

I can't help thinking that people are concentrating on the Quartz Extreme thing a little too much. Yeah, it sounds great, but if your machine isn't supported there is no way I can see that 10.2, or whichever version number it turns out to be, won't be faster than the current system. Every 0.0.1 increment has been slightly faster than the previous one.

*nVidia: GeForce2MX, GeForce3, GeForce4 Ti, GeForce4 or GeForce4MX. ATI: any AGP Radeon card. 32MB VRAM recommended for optimum performance.

I read this as any card that supports OpenGL will allow some of the graphics workload to be loaded onto it. Apple are saying that there is enough work so that the above cards will cope with it, but lesser cards may not. This means that whilst lesser cards may give increased speed, they may not provide the full accelaration. 'Supported' usually means that those cards are the ones that have been extensively tested against and any specific issues regarding those cards will be actively resolved.

R.

Can someone let me know all the options you have in iChat?? is there the following:

Logging
Tabbed Window mode like Adium

That's the only two things it needs if it does not have them already :D

Guys, keep in mind this is still a beta!!

ajax: no, none of those options.

I saw significant speed improvements with my computer, which is a 500mhz iMac.

I moved back to 10.1.4 because some of my apps that I use most often wont work in 10.2.
The only reason I boot into 10.2 is to use iChat. :p

Originally posted by wdw_
When I tried iChat in X.I, it just closed on the first bounce.

Hmph, that answers my question then. I'm guessing it has something to do with how iChat is integrated in 10.2 with the address book and mail and such. Without that stuff to latch on to, it probably just dies.

How big is the iChat.app, anyways? I'm guessing it'd be bigger than AIM because of the chat bubble stuff.

Darn Carracho Server, I could be answering my own questions if it wouldn't have shut down :mad: :p

Originally posted by BlingBling 3k12

you're on! (and i'll probably lose... you know the in's and out's of XP probably)

but first... check your PRIVATE MESSAGES!!!!!! i've sent you one! :) question needing answered!

oops, i missed this earlier! ... hehe! Cool, well, as you know, i've replied earlier, it looks like us PC Users should UNITE! lol

Speak to ya soon man! ;)

Peace

NeYo

A cool feature of iChat is that it tells you when the person on the other end is typing. You can tell the other person is typing because a bubble with "..." apears. I heard about this on the cnet keynote video, but I didn't understand it until I tried it. It's pretty nice.

Attachments

• ichat.jpg
    ichat.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 133
Back