julguribye

Registered
It is maybe a little early to start this, but here we go:

WHAT do YOU want to see in Mac OS 10.2?
Give me your list!:rolleyes:

Here is mine:
Speed improvement/optimization
...uhh...nothing more yet....

And remember to send what you want to Apple OS X Feedback too!
(I am not sent by Apple);)

I'd go for more customisability. Speed would be nice, but I'm sure they're working on that. What I'm sure they're not working on is giving the users the flexibility to make their computer look how they like it. OS X, lovely though it is, is even *less* flexible than 9.2

Oh yeah, and spring-loaded folders are nice too.

Bernie :eek:)

Originally posted by bighairydog

Oh yeah, and spring-loaded folders are nice too.

I don't think Apple will ever implement spring-loaded folders in X becuse of their new browsing vison with internet-like windows...

More speed would be very cool :)
I'd like Labels to come back. I liked being about to change the colors of folders/files etc.

Btw, does anyone have any idea when X.2 is likely to be out? And will it be another update for CD? Or for Software Update?

It would be smart to think it that way :)

OS X March 24th
X.1 September (6 months after)
X.2 March (other 6 months)

Steeve said it would take a year to complete the transition...perfect way to do so ... probably bringing a major update :)
This are only my 2 cents, but i think it can be a smart deduction :)

Andy

Multi-session CD burning!

More stable Classic environment with big apps

Allow higher memory allocation with the Classic apps

Classic window buffer (I know there's already a hack available but it's still better to have it support from Apple ;) )

1. LABELS
2. SPRING-LOADED FOLDERS
3. MORE SPEED
4. Ability to CHANGE SHADING SETTINGS on Aqua system
5. CHANGE SYSTEM FONT goddammit!

Oh, anything innovative that I can't be bothered thinking about right now;)

It would be smart to think it that way :)

OS X March 24th
X.1 September (6 months after)
X.2 March (other 6 months)

Steeve said it would take a year to complete the transition...perfect way to do so ... probably bringing a major update :)

The register says this...
Phil Schiller, Apple's VP of worldwide marketing, has gone on the record to suggest March as the date when new Macs ship with OS X as default.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/39/22993.html

So I think that we can exept 10.2 in March when they make OS X the default and maybe they come with 10.2 at the same time?

We can agree that the speed can get better.

Personally I really, really want spring loaded folders. I didn't jump on the OS X boat to go backwards from OS 9 (really it was from 8.6).

I also want labels; big productivity booster, something Winblows doesn't have, maybe by XP they'll have em (6 years after Apple had em).

I agree March will bear a 10.2 release, and I think it'll be another CD thing. Hopefully there wont be the stores with 15 CDs! I think there will be another update before then also. Something for the G5s.

• Speed Improvements overall
  • Finder still needs to be more robust more viewing options
    like how columns are sorted, icon size, etc
  • Dock contextual menus should offer more options
    like hiding the app
  • OVERALL more contextual menu support
  • USB PRINTER SHARING SUPPORT PLEASE!
  • Something like spring loaded folders depending on view
    style (spring in icon view, shift in column view)
  • A classic Theme Sosumi is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
  • Classic and X with a theme with widgets in the same place.
  • option to have the menu bar hide the way the dock does
  • the Finder icon on the dock should have all mounted volumes in its sub menu
  • the force quit dialog should indicate if an app is responding or not
    similar to eek Windows
  • out of the box option to have the swap on a separate partition during
    install option Users folder would be nice too!
  • Dock tabs for more levels of dock, for organizing things into groups
  • LIVE RESIZE ON OFF SWITCH... I don't need to see what's in my window while resizing.
  • a simple way to re-launch the finder with super user access
  • recent menu should also have recent folders and remote shares
  • Start classic in hidden mode option so you don't have to see it or at
    least make that huge window smaller. the progress bar alone is more than sufficient. but starting completely hidden would be great.

Files created with a classic application should open with the classic version even if an X version is also installed for example... BBEdit classic and BBEdit X if you make the document in the classic version it should open in the classic version. it seems to be very willy nilly and use what it feels like when ever... sometimes the X version sometimes the classic version.

This is not a rant or to bash X I love X as is and use it every day and would continue to without any changes at all but these are things I think could be improved upon.

Cheers

• As well as many others stated i would like to be able to erase
CDRW media with disk copy.
• Completely disable the dock or choose to not install it during
update/install of OS
•THEME-ING!!!!!!!!

Personally, I want theme support. Mac OS X is such a cool OS, and we need to be able to have more options than 'Aqua Blue' and 'Aqua Graphite'. Anyone remeber Gizmo, HiTech, or Drawing Board? I think those and a NeXT theme would be cool.

BTW: Anyone know how to customize the 10.1+ login panel .nib in IB?

How about fixing the nasty PPP/Modem connection kernel freezes? This has been on MacOS X long enough to make me want to throw my iBook out the window whenever it freezes when I try to connect to the net. Last time it did this it had an uptime of 7 days and I had to force reboot because it froze for more than 30 minutes when I tryed to connect to the internet!

Back