The Random Quotes Thread

LOL! Those meal quotes are friggin' brilliant! :)

Now this thread is really getting started... but unfortunately they're so good I don't know if we can do better.

I love the one "That's not sexual tension, it's a burrito."

Thanks Bluefusion. I have the best friends. :D

We need more people here!

I love random quotes.

-the valrus

p.s. My favorite line from a They Might Be Giants song...

Now you're the only one here who can tell me if it's true
That you love me... and I love me

Learn the joys of cooking, with turnips!

I'm sorry Fido, but we're going to have to drown you. Tired of man's best friend, try man's first cousin!

Learn how to rid your town of rats with a flute and a mysterious prancing german named Hans.

She's on fire, luckly I've never been.

:p Ah, GTA3 Radio

Worst Analogies Ever Written in a High School Essay

The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn't

He spoke with the wosdom that can olny come from experience, like a guy who went blind because he looked at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it and now goes around the country speaking at high schoold about the dangers of looking at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it.

:p I don't know if they're real, but they're still really funny

The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn't
compare with Douglas Adams:
(paraphrased, but darn close to the original)
they floated through the atmosphere in exactly the same way that bricks don't

I suspect that someone may have been writing material that is not their own... :p

Is that from eye of argon? Eye of argon was published long before hitchhikers guide to the galaxy and has been a legend for stupidity with science fiction fans for years.

Litter is my most treacherous foe. I want to eat it's children.
ÐThe Simpsons

America's about taking other people's land by force, and wearing tight pants as you do it.
ÐGTA3

The Sage reads every page. (With a picture of an owl sitting on top of a pile of books)
ÐVocab. Cartoons Book

"we can talk about your mom after class" spanish teacher

"have to go to the bathroom? see me after class" spanish teacher

"i like to rip up boxes with my pool que" jacob gage

For the meal quotes, I just wanted to list a few of some I thought were the funniest... here are some (for those of you who don't like to dig through the whole thing)

"We've got heated tiles."
"Yeah, well we've got rats."
"Oooooo."

"And Jesus rose up to sit at the Father's right hand."
"Then who's at the left hand?"
"I don't know, a goat or something."

"That's some precision chocolate going on."

"We're in a bar, drinking drunkenly."

“I don't enjoy beer.”
“But beer enjoys you so much!”

"I am so done with sticking my foot in my mouth."

"I think it is time for a new stalker in my life."
"You can eat my head any time. I don't mind."

"Someday, when I get bored, I can go downtown and ride the pigeons."

"Are you intimidated by the size of my paperclip?"

Originally posted by divibisan
It's "majorly throw-downable"

My personal favorite as far as appalling yet humorous grammar goes is, "Help! I'm being rocks-thrown-at!"

-the valrus

"My father left me the house. ... I finally got a nice offer to sell it and offered her a $450,000 condo, tax-free. She won't move. I've been supporting her forever."

--LIZA MINNELLI, as quoted by Daily Variety's Army Archerd, explaining why she sought to evict her 94-year-old stepmother from the Beverly Hills home she inherited.

ÐÐReuters on Yahoo

Here are a few:

"Do you have pants on? Then you know the answer."
ÐHomer Simpson

"Your selfishness is ignorant."

Oh, man. I have tons of computer related quotes. Ah yes...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know you've spent too much time on the computer when you spill milk and the first thing you think is, 'edit, undo.'

Technical support is how much a minute? Only one other industry charges $3.99 a minute to talk to you, and at least you get some degree of pleasure out of that!

Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware.

Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Programmers never die: They just GOSUB without RETURN.

C Programmers do it recursively.

"Historically speaking, the presence of wheels in Unix has never precluded their reinvention." - Larry Wall

I have yet to meet a C compiler that is more friendly and easier to use than eating soup with a knife.

Hey! It compiles! Ship it!

"If the Start Windows Restart when Windows starts check box is checked Windows Restart will start automatically every time Windows is started." - Actual excerpt from a windows program help file!

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg. - Bjarne 'Stumpy' Stroustrup

665.9238429876 - Number of the Pentium Beast

Carpe Aptenodytes! (Seize the Penguins!)

Computer Science: solving today's problems tomorrow

Programming graphics in X is like finding sqrt(pi) using Roman numerals.

RTFM: Not just an acronym, it's the LAW!

Software isn't released, it's allowed to escape.

'The Geek shall inherit the earth.' - Linus 5:5

A program is a device used to convert data into error messages.

My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.

A computer scientist is someone who, when told to 'Go to Hell', sees the 'go to', rather than the destination, as harmful.

A good programmer is someone who looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

My operat~1 system unders~1 long filena~1 , does yours?

Mac OS X. Because making Unix user-friendly is easier than debugging Windows.

Calculating in binary code is as easy as 01,10,11.

BTW, FWIW, IMHO, AFAIK, yes. OTOH, AAMOF, maybe not. YMMV.

Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea - massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind - boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it. - Gene Spafford,1992

Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go to bed.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.

Don't make me use uppercase...

There is an old saying that if a million monkeys typed on a million keyboards for a million years, eventually all the works of Shakespeare would be produced. Now, thanks to Usenet, we know this is not true.

Someday I'll find that peer and reset his connection!

Claiming that your operating system is the best in the world because more people use it is like saying McDonalds makes the best food in the world.

Unix is user friendly - it's just picky about it's friends.

If Bill Gates had a dime for every time a Windows box crashed...oh, wait a minute - he already does.

I don't do .INI, .BAT, or .SYS files. I don't assign apps to files... I don't configure peripherals or networks before using them... I have a computer to do all that... I have a Macintosh.

A computer without a Microsoft operating system is like a dog without bricks tied to its head.

Name one nice thing about Windows? It doesn't just crash, it displays a dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.

"Unix is simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity." - Dennis Ritchie

"Emacs is a nice operating system, but I prefer UNIX." - Tom Christiansen

There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. - Jeremy S. Anderson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've got many more non-computer related ones, if you'd like.

A murmur ran through the court and before the bailiff could grab it, then it jumped up and bit judge Webster on the nose.

Some of my colleagues think that the chemicals we are experimenting with could potentially cause brain damage, however I think that fish crunchy bits of salami my new red hippie noodle. Naked pool frogs?

Life's short and hard, kind of like a bodybuilding elf.

If oranges smell like chicken, why are tomatoes blue? Think about it!

All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.

It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need and the Air Force has to hold a bake sale to buy a new bomber.

Laundry instructions on a shirt made by HEET:   For best results, wash in cold water separately, hang dry and iron with warm iron. For not so good results, drag behind car through puddles, blow-dry on roofrack.

The statement below is true. 
The statement above is false. 

To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music, no choreography and the dancers hit each other. 

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining

On a posted sign: Bill Stickers will be prosecuted! The graffiti next to it: Bill Stickers is innocent!

Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure. - I can't hear you. I have a banana in my ear.

The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

I was going to be a police officer, but I decided to finish high school instead.

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. - Andy Rooney

I tried sniffing Coke once, but the ice cubes got stuck in my nose.

Still, MANY more where these came from.

Back