What conclusions do you reach from avatars?

Originally posted by sithious
... i suppose you see me as ewan mcgregor then? lol ... :D :D

Actually, I think your avatar looks more like Michael Stipe from REM. I know it isn't, but that's all I can think of when I see it....

Any thoughts on mine, people? Interested to see who recognises it....

Oh dear - so many missed out...

Bluefusion, your avatar says: "Mission Statement: NewTek is the driving force pushing the edge of video and graphics technology while redefining price performance and ease of use. The NewTek team is insanely committed to providing the highest quality tools and services to support our extended family of end users in their creative drive for success."

AdmiralAK - yours is one of my favourites, largely by virtue of it not changing. Every time I see a new avatar I think "damn - now I have to get to know this guy/gal's face all over". Also it's kinda cute.

ulrik, you're right - you don't want to know ;o) I do see you as being a brother of ksv. Also, the whole black and white thing makes me think you’re perhaps given to a spartan lifestyle in Norway, rolling naked in snow to unwind at the weekends... Just a thought.

Bernie :eek:)

Originally posted by bighairydog

ulrik, you're right - you don't want to know ;o) I do see you as being a brother of ksv. Also, the whole black and white thing makes me think you’re perhaps given to a spartan lifestyle in Norway, rolling naked in snow to unwind at the weekends... Just a thought.

WHO TOLD YOU THAT? It was a secret! Was it Ed again? He always spreads my secrets to internet forums... :p

originaly posted by Lessthanmighty
Besides a crappy loop job. What do you think of my updated avatar?

Riiiiiiight....

Arrrrgh I KNOW it's the LightWave logo but it should also be imbued with a sense of .... something else... I don't want it to just be a logo :(

Maybe I'll change it, I just don't know what to...

My new avatar... what thinkest thou? I like it a lot actually... it's abstract but it somehow very clearly suggests a closed eye to me, dunno why

Yes, I did make it myself and thanks, I really love it. I think I'll keep it for a long time. It just really... works, somehow. I'm so happy I'm no longer using a product logo-- as much as i love that LightWave logo, it's not mine so I really shouldn't use it :)

Basically it's a distorted image of a wave, so yeah pretty much only Photoshop. It took, uh, maybe 45 seconds. Maybe.

I posted before that I didn't like your new avatar bluefustion, as much, but now i really like it.

What I get from it is:
You like OSX
You are an artist/musician
Your thoughts may be jumbled, but they are also focused at the same time.

It doesn't work as well because I know you, but that's what I thought of when I looked at it

Well, that's cool... everyone seemed to like it xcept you, so it's good to hear that we're back to an "OK" on that. I'll admit it takes a bit of getting used to, but I really do prefer it. The "jumbled but focused" thing is DEFINITELY what I was getting at, so you're right on with that. That may be because you know me, though.. I wonder if anyone else had that thought? The artist thing was I guess somewhat present, and it's probably more likely for people to pick up on, whereas the OS X thing I didn't even really think of---the only reason I used blue was cuz of my name :)

I don't know I kind of picked up the same thoughts thing and that you were an artist. It also reminds me of cars for some reason :p.

Back