What conclusions do you reach from avatars?

Originally posted by Bernie
AdmiralAK - yours is one of my favourites, largely by virtue of it not changing.

So what do you think it says about people who change their avatars quite often?

I personally love seeing familiar faces, like Admiral's, sithious' and Jady's. Something that caught me off guard was when someone started using the same avatar as soapvox (though I can't remember who it was). And I really liked scott's old walking beer mug... that was cool! :D

Senne threw me off too racer cause I thought he was soapvox -- -then I looked at his UID :p

I remember when scott had a picture of his kid giving us the finger hehehe :D

Originally posted by RacerX
...I personally love seeing familiar faces...
Is it okay if avatars morph slowly over time... kind of like aging?

...uh... I don't really mean the animated sort of changes like mine, but just normal micro-tweaks to static avatars...

Originally posted by simX
...TommyWillB (no offense, again) really annoy me because they change all the time, and so that quality is kind of transferred to my perception of the actual person...
My new one has just one transition. From me as a little kid, to me now.

(I call it caffiene-free TommyWillB ;) )

Yay! I'm Symphonix's favorite avatar!

Offline, I'm really bad at remembering people's names, but great with faces, and here it messes me up when someone changes their avatar! Only if they post very often can I get used to it, or if they make a new avatar in the same style as the old one.

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
Senne threw me off too racer cause I thought he was soapvox -- -then I looked at his UID :p

I remember when scott had a picture of his kid giving us the finger hehehe :D

what did you say about me?

Yeah, sorry, my avatar is stolen from somebody else of macosx.com (don't know who it was) but i'm obsessed by radiohead, so i had to have it!! ( i don't steal in real life :) )

senne.

Originally posted by senne

Yeah, sorry, my avatar is stolen from somebody else of macosx.com (don't know who it was) but i'm obsessed by radiohead, so i had to have it!! ( i don't steal in real life :) )

If you want a different Radiohead-esque avatar, check out IheartNY.com .

There are some good Radiohead icons on page 2, I think.

Happy hunting!

-the valrus

Back