Where is/what is the Cuss Thread?

Qion

Uber Nothing
I was going through old threads of this forum -because I have that kind of time-, and I noticed that there was something seemingly legendary called the "cuss thread". I believe somebody destroyed it, as I can't find it. I'm just insanely curious as to what it was and if there is still a copy of it floating around somewhere.

Nor does this:

THE STRANGER: Thankie. . . Just one thing, Dude. D'ya have to use s'many cuss words?

(From The Big Lebowski 1998)

I wasn't looking for the cussing aspect of it, but for the humor of seeing old-time forum users expressing malcontent at the world and possibly eachother. I mean, come now, the possibility of watching Fryke lose it does not sound funny to you :p?

"Fryke" kind of sounds like a cuss word already, really. "Aw, fryke! Where'd I put my keys!" ... "Oh, fryke! There's a midget in my soup!" ... "What the fryke is that?" ... "Fryke you!"

Howabout we post some words that are NOT cuss words (hence, would not be considered vulgar or against the rules), but SHOULD be? It'll be a "semi-curse" thread... ;)

My submission: cunker. Think: anatomy. :D As in, "Go stick it in your cunker!"

erhm... ;) ... Am I offended? Not really... I guess the cuss thread was at a time when I didn't spend any time in the Café forum... So I missed that.
That being said: Abusing my name in such a way is not really what I'd consider the most polite thing to do. Reminds me of kindergarden manners... :p

I apologize, Fryke. I didn't mean to abuse your name. I wrongfully assumed there was a certain level of comfort, there.

Sorry.

Nono, that's alright. The smileys should not be ignored there. I just wanted to say _something_ as to make it clear that not everyone would take it with humour.

I guess _if_ my name would be abused, it should rather be something like "Wow, you pulled off a fryke!" as in "you just abused underscores" or "too many total posts" or "incredibly useful advice" or "that was pretentious" or something like that. ;)

Nono, that's alright. The smileys should not be ignored there. I just wanted to say _something_ as to make it clear that not everyone would take it with humour.

I guess _if_ my name would be abused, it should rather be something like "Wow, you pulled off a fryke!" as in "you just abused underscores" or "too many total posts" or "incredibly useful advice" or "that was pretentious" or something like that. ;)
I think 'fryke' should be what it is. Just a name. But 'cunker', well now we're getting somewhere.

Okay. "And now for something completely different" as the Monty Pythons use to say:
What are the words that are not cuss words but can do exactly the same thing. In a word, a sort of insult/anger word or words targeted at a specific subject or for a specific reason: Example.... "You PINHEAD!" Simple. I'm sure there are tons.
Give it a try? Or "STUFF IT" Reed

I think those are okay... Even f*** is okay AFAIK. At least that's how I edit posts which contain the f-word.

Okay. "And now for something completely different" as the Monty Pythons use to say:
What are the words that are not cuss words but can do exactly the same thing. In a word, a sort of insult/anger word or words targeted at a specific subject or for a specific reason: Example.... "You PINHEAD!" Simple. I'm sure there are tons.
Give it a try? Or "STUFF IT" Reed
Dummkopf ... oh crap! I've gone German again.

Wuss
Pleb
Dingbat
Chowderhead
Putz
Eejut
Geek
Airhead
Klutz
Fubar

However, it's hard to beat Pinhead.

Back