why doesn’t auto fill work any more?

TuckerdogAVL

Registered
Back in the olden days, prior to the latest OS updates, I could rely on auto fill on the iPad by pressing my thumb. Sometimes sort of occasionlly works now. So, into settings, keychain, look up site, highlight, copy, go back, paste…. save…. doesn’t.

Back in the olden days, I would click on send me a code when two step verification was required and it would come to the phone, the notification would show up on the mac (where all the notifications supposedly are still set, and i haven’t changed). Now, that no longer happens, no auto fill…

Supposedly the phone, ipad and mac mini are all using the same network, same apple id, same settings.

So, is this something now no longer available? no point in my wasting more hours trying to fix something that’s broken that i’m unable, or allowed, to fix.

I still see lots of smiling people awesomely enjoying their tech in awesome apple marketing, so i guess they are all smiling because they know the secrets.

Yes, years ago... that still works. Mostly. What I did find hidden in the weeds is "My Card" in the contacts was buried in at least five other cards with my name on them. Probably Facebook, Google, etc ... I have no idea why or where they came from over the years since I rarely look at the contacts. I merged two and deleted the rest. Two had misinformation on them (A website I have no idea how or where it came from, and it didn't exist). I'm waiting to see if that matters. Apparently the contacts and "My Card" is where a lot of this behind the scenes happens. Thanks for your response.

I found similar in Mac Book Air 22! Mine is Google so seems they hacked the contacts to get your info for marketing! Forgive Google they seem not to like Apple/iOs users too! I tend to think they see us as second class users!

I found similar in Mac Book Air 22! Mine is Google so seems they hacked the contacts to get your info for marketing! Forgive Google they seem not to like Apple/iOs users too! I tend to think they see us as second class users!
My default search engine is DuckDuckGo.

Back