Would we see Mac .NET?

by FrgMstr
MS have had that info clause since hotmail started, nothing to do with .Net.

I never said that it was a result of .NET, I just thought that that was one of the key reasons for it being a bad idea (where it might not be if it was from any other company/group). And Hotmail wasn't started by Microsoft.

Visual studio.Net as a development enviroment is Second to NONE and you dont have to develop progs which reside on MS servers to use it. that is what i was commenting on and is why i said Apple doesnt have any Development suite ti match it.

That is funny, I could say the same thing about Web Objects (Apple's development suite which sounds like more than a match for Visual Studio .NET), but it has won numerous awards by web development groups giving any claims I might make some actual weight. As for deployment (and development), Web Object can be set up on Mac OS X Server, Solaris and Windows 2000 Server and can be developed on Mac OS X and Windows 2000. You were saying something about residing, weren't you? What about what platforms you can develop, deploy and access it from? Somehow, Second to NONE in a Windows only world, sounds like what Microsoft is shooting for (by getting rid of competition) but has yet to achieve.

I was not talking about the big picture of .Net which if you followed IT news you would know MS dropped the development of BlackCoombe (aka Hailstorm) yesteday because of lack of third party support.

I know, half the reason for hitting on the issue was it's failure (and lets not call the Register/Inquirer IT news, we know those are your favorite sources of misinformation).

so please people thats actually make sure we understand the comments before we start critisizing them.

Yes but if we enforced that standard, you wouldn't be able to post here. You are so ill informed on so many issues (though I love when you walk blindly into things), that your statement truly only applies to you here.

also people act like apple have no security holes please give me a break if apple OS'es were scrutinised as much as MS OS'es im sure a few would be found

Visual Basic Scripting has never require scrutiny for people to take advantage of it. Microsoft enables features that users may never use, and THAT my poor misguided friend is their problem. In all reality, a stripped down version of Windows would be the best thing that could possibly happen for consumers, because that would mean that they would have to add/enable only the features that they want/use (even if they only get those features from Microsoft). It may or may not hurt Microsoft, it absolutely is going to hurt the Anti-Virus industry (which should never have become an industry to begin with), and it is going to help consumers.

You know I hate to bring the issue up again, but what do they teach you in that school of your's?

VS.net is just so user friendly and powerfull and has just about the fastest compilers available, well compared to GCC anyways

by the way i know compiler design is hard it is a large part of our course. Its very tedious to say the least.

This is based on Microsoft telling you this? And compared to what? You seem to be under the impression that this is the only product of it's kind. I guess they barry you in the compiler part of (Windows) computing to distract you from the rest of the problems with the system.

Oh forgot i didnt end up getting a Mac in the end i gave in to temptation and put the money towards my Suzuki GSXR 750. Very tasty 0 - 60 mph 2.8 secs and top speed of 186mph limited of course. A BEAST i can tell you, the neighbours complain when i start it in the morning wakes the whole neighbourhood up.

This is not surprising. But I am still laughing at all your posts. Keep 'em coming!

Man you are full of yourself arent you, tell you what you can sit back in your i know all world and laugh at my posts, i dont care Ill just sit back and laught at your Ignorance, LOL.

what you gonna do now, do what you ussually do and call me Ignorant back or something and say my comments apply only to me, please.

you see i forgot i have to spell things out to you there i was assuming i didnt. ok when saying VS is the best out there, you said compared to ???

well
anything Borland
anything on Linux
Codewarrior
so what you go on about Web Objects, ok lets see you write a device driver in WebObjects, LMAO

who cares if its won awards lets see how many people actually use it compared to VS.

Ignorance is bliss eh RacerX, well i dont know but id like too know is it.

why does the fact that i like fast bikes come as typical to you?

I just getting started, but back to the show...

by FrgMstr
Man you are full of yourself arent you, tell you what you can sit back in your i know all world and laugh at my posts, i dont care Ill just sit back and laught at your Ignorance, LOL.

I point out your flaws, you are the one who asks for it by posting them. Sorry I can't stop you from posting this stuff, but why would I want to any ways. :D

what you gonna do now, do what you ussually do and call me Ignorant back or something and say my comments apply only to me, please.

Gosh, aren't we just a little sensitive (again). I guess I forgot that your cranky this late in the morning.

you see i forgot i have to spell things out to you there i was assuming i didnt. ok when saying VS is the best out there, you said compared to ???

well
anything Borland
anything on Linux
Codewarrior
so what you go on about Web Objects, ok lets see you write a device driver in WebObjects, LMAO

Seeing as WebObjects uses many of the same development tools as Cocoa (which was Yellow Box before that, and OpenStep before that), something tells me that you just might be able to. But we were talking about development, deployment and accessing .NET. Please address these issues in your next fun filled post.

who cares if its won awards lets see how many people actually use it compared to VS.

But you said Second to NONE, you did say that didn't you? By who's standards? The world is full of lets sees, WebObjects is proven.

Ignorance is bliss eh RacerX, well i dont know but id like too know is it.

why does the fact that i like fast bikes come as typical to you?

Poor, cranky, FrgMstr. Are your feelings hurt? Can't argue the points today? I was saying that you not getting a Mac (when it was very apparent that you never had any intention of getting one, you were just trying to deflect people's attacks by saying you had ordered one) was what I found not to be surprising. Keep 'em coming, this is great! :D

This is getting good. I'm making some popcorn. :p

C'mon Microsoft, Keep sending your trained Soldiers.NET over to keep us entertained! :D

RacerX i seldom get angry and this is certainly not me angry.

i dont mind arguing all day, it gives me a break from my studies and a bit of fun.

yeah i did say it was second to none, how have you addressed that with WebObjects, you havent.

Believe me i would like to diss WebObjects :D but since i have no experience in it i cant :D

So i cant really argue VS v WO even though i know they dont even compete against each other, an dthats not because they are on different platforms.

by FrgMstr
RacerX i seldom get angry and this is certainly not me angry.

Funny, I thought your lack of content in that last post was because of emotion... I guess I was wrong.

So i cant really argue VS v WO even though i know they dont even compete against each other, an dthats not because they are on different platforms.

Good, but they actually aren't completely on different platforms. Like I said, development can take place on Mac OS X or Windows 2000. Deployment on Solaris 8/9, Mac OS X Server or Windows 2000 Server. Accessed by just about any browser on any platform. You show me that .NET is planning on being that broad, and I'll give you this argument. It is the fact that .NET is Microsoft's way of hijacking the internet that makes me worried here.

My lack of content in the last post was due to my lack of time and my lovely lunch calling me :D

I too do not want MS to highjack the Internet but i do still like the development Enviroment they provide, in my opinion it is the best there is and ive used a fair few of them, not all though of course.

(not all was included for the benefit of RacerX ):D

So your lack of content in this last post was for me? You seem to be getting weaker in your arguments as we go on. Why not go back and hit on some of the points I made earlier?

I can wait. :D

Anything ive not hit on yet, is not worthy of my attention due to their complete falseness and i dont have time to educate you otherwise.
:D

alas i have tried, you can only take a donkey to water you cannot make him drink :D

Okay folks, there you have. FrgMstr beaten senseless. Lets watch now as he struggle to make personal attacks (which are pointless with out content to back them up).

Poor little Fraggy, do you need some time to actually ask some one else for help here?

dreamed by FrgMstr
Racer admit it you want to be me...

Why? You're a pointless troll who can't back up his arguments. No one want to be you right now, you're just... sad.

FrgMstr, don't leave! :(

You used to be my favorite Troll <tear>, now you are just some sorta pathetic wipping-boy.

Snap out of it man! Show some dignity (so I can take it away again :D ).

Guys, I think this is winding down and it's just becoming a little bit silly. Thanks to you both - I was very entertained, and in the end I have to side with RacerX, and my reasons are very stupid.

I don't trust Microsoft. Period. End of story. I cannot believe that they are going to make something as huge as .NET and not use it in the same vile way they've used everything else.

Also, frgmstr, your grammar was atrocious. I can't take you seriously if you don't put in the effort to write a little more carefully. RacerX, stop looking so smug. Yours was better than frgmstr's but still passable at best. :p

Ahh, grammar. I will make you all hate and fear me. :eek:

And after seeing how they were used in this thread, I fear I will never use a :D again.

Regards,

-the valrus

ah Racer, you are so stupid, you put up this pretense that you dont find me irritating, but to get it out of you i let you think my defense is down.

and what happens it all comes out, LOL

Racer as if you could ever beat me senseless in an argument. I would never back down from what ive said and if you think that was a personal attack you must be joking and i dont mean joking like most of your comments either.

tell you what go get a life then maybe try and get an education, hows that.

your major problem is that you seem to think that because you believe something (i.e your opinion) you say it must be true. whereas most of the time nothing could be further from the truth.

so tell you what why dont you sit down before you get hurt.

Valrus

Fair enough, you dont trust MS, Regarding my Grammar i know, im typing quickly and am putting no thought into grammar.

I dont intend to use grammar to make you side with me just Facts thats all, this isnt a CV its a casual forum hence little effort is put into me spelling or Grammar.

Originally posted by RacerX
FrgMstr, don't leave! :(

You used to be my favorite Troll <tear>, now you are just some sorta pathetic wipping-boy.

Snap out of it man! Show some dignity (so I can take it away again :D ).

At the beginning, I thought FrgMstr knows what he is talking about, but as you also noticed, Racer, he just drops a subject as soon as he realised that he talked shit, instead if admitting it. He's just a slightly better ManicDVLN. And now he starts personal, pointless attacks...well, PC trolls are all the same.

See, this is what I mean by senseless.

Can some find me a fresh troll, this one is now completely defenceless, and that just kills the fun of it all.

And FrgMstr, you are putting no thought into your posts (not just the grammar part). And your fact content is worse than your grammar (but I didn't point out the grammar)

Back