Wow! Internet Explorer 5.2.2

bjurusik

Registered
Is it just me, or does the new Internet Explorer 5.2.2 update displays pages much faster! On par with WinIE!

What about the new Classic 5.16 version ? OS X has Chimera, but I'm still on Explorer when running in Classic.

Hum…_and by the way, you're right, IE is now almost concurrential to Chimera…_on certain pages only, though.

Originally posted by toast
Hum…_and by the way, you're right, IE is now almost concurrential to Chimera…_on certain pages only, though.

What, like www.microsoft.com? :)

I love how the IE installer closes everything you have open. Thanks, guys. Like copying the .app into /Applications has anything to do with anything else.

Pages do display faster, not too fast, Chimera is better, but Flash and Quicktime in Chimera is terrible. IE is still my default. Seems like Java is a little better, pop up windows don't freeze IE anymore. MacWorld's site was notorius for freezing up my IE. To see what i mean, go to the main page then close the window, you should get a pop up, but there are no hang ups in 5.2.2

It didn't close any apps for me.
I closed IE, ran the installer and all other apps just stayed open.

Installed neatly, didn't close anything, and yes, there is a noticeable improvement in peformance. I've checked a couple of sites, and it definitely loads more quickly.

So far, so good.

I'm still seeing a TON of sites display like my problem here:

http://www.macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=22445

So many that I just recently decided to switch to OmniWeb - 4.1.1beta I believe. So far I haven't seen the problem with OmniWeb (but I have with Chimera, and Mozilla...Netscape 7 won't install on my machine for some reason).

So, along with the newest OmniWeb and the cool new buttons here: http://homepage.mac.com/sergeidoc/toolbar/etoolbar.html I was all happy.

I thought I'd give 5.2.2 a try to see if the problem cleared up. Nope. Still get it.

Back to OmniWeb...

Damn!
Your hatred towards M$ really brings out your stupidity sometimes. It's not Microsoft that is making you close all your open apps but the installer that Microsoft uses which happens to be created by MindVision Installer VISE. So you should be bitching at MindVision not M$. And VISE installer makes you close you're open apps. It sucks when you are in the middle of doing something.

...simply all M$ had to do is NOT to use the VISE installer if it is a dumb installer, isn't it?

So, technically M$ is the one to blame for :D

cabbage, actually it is MS's fault. Many others have used the same version of the MindVision software installer and have not required all apps to be quit. If they had taken the time to uncheck the little box that requires all apps be quit, we wouldn't have the problem.

Of cource that doesn't explain them setting the path for saving the installer log file to "/", which requires root privs to write to...

Back