*WWDC 2005 Thread*

HomunQlus

Artifical Lifeform
Post all news and announcements here. Like if they announced a PB G5, or new iPods with Video capability, and stuff like that. Photos are also welcome... Even better when you're attending the WWDC 2005.

As of yet, I don't have anything found on any site obviously, but as soon as I find something, I post it here.

Apple: WWDC 2005
http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/

MacRumors WWDC 2005 Live Keynote Coverage

Over the years, MacRumors has provided live web and IRC coverage of major Apple Keynote events. With the recent trends of increasing popularity of both Apple and MacRumors.com, keynote coverage traffic has reached all time highs, and providing live updates on the web medium has proved to be resource intensive.

In efforts to improve the end-user experience, we've revamped our Keynote coverage technology by integrating the latest web technologies, collectively described as AJAX, to provide more frequent and dynamic updates. This new system (described here in detail) will also decrease the strain on server resources allowing us to deliver updates to exponentially more users simultaneously.

WWDC 2005 Keynote coverage will take place at MacRumorsLive.com using this new system. The page will provide updates at 60-second intervals, a significantly shortened interval from previous live web updates.

For users who wish to follow along using Internet Relay Chat (IRC), we will continue to offer live IRC Updates as well.

The new web system requires a Javascript enabled web browser, and will gracefully fall-back to the old meta-refresh system for unsupported browsers.

WWDC 2005 is proving to be a highly anticipated event. Follow the announcements live at MacRumorsLive.com.

The WWDC 2005 Keynote kicks off at 10am PDT (convert time here) on Monday June 6th 2005. All MacRumors.com front page traffic will be redirected to the keynote coverage page during that time.

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2005/06/20050606043506.shtml

No Quicktime feed. I can remember only one year when Apple made a QT feed of WWDC available, and that was the year they introduced the G5, iSight and Panther. 2003, I believe.

Well according to cnbc Apple has dropped freescale and will announce intel ibooks and powerbooks today and will then slowly add other intel products next year. As mentioned many times previously HP has also inked out a deal to have 10.4 on some HPs before the end of the year as well as adding a ipod mini to the line of mp3s.

yeah. right. and. apple will buy out microsoft and integrate their famous "Wizard-for-everything" approach to software design.

"What, you want to delete a file? Here is a wizard."

"You want to turn off your computer? here is a wizard.

CNBC isn't reporting that Apple will announce Intel-based iBooks and PowerBooks today -- they're reporting that Apple will announce a move to Intel processors that will take at least 2 years to complete, starting with the Mac mini.

mi5moav: can you provide a link to the story about PowerBooks and iBooks?

Seems strange to opt for Intel. AMD's Athlon 64's currently eclipse Intel's offerings. I suppose it could be because of Hyperthreading which AMD doesn't have.

mi5moav said:
It was on CBS marketwatch this morning at 650 am. It wasn't actually cnbc but someone they were interviewing. This makes much mores sense with them moving the ibooks and powerbooks to the pentium M processor.

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press/2005/050602a.html hp mini news

I still see nothing about Intel-Mac or iBook/PowerBook on that link. And nothing at all about HP computers running OS X 10.4.

Not that I'm saying it's not true, but you're not backing up your claims with good links. All your links just rehash previously-known information.

I want some substantiated meat on iBooks and PowerBooks to go Intel before I'll believe it, and my information, sadly, will probably come after 1pm EST today rather than certain members of this forum if they can't provide a link to the information they spout!

I remeber I read article somewhere.. I found it from MacRumors.com

That being said, it doesn't answer the many other questions that would stem from such a transition. Questions such as emulation layers, current PowerPC Mac sales, developer migration, end user confusion and more. As well, Steve Jobs was recently asked about the possibility of switching to Intel and reportedly "Jobs basically said no."

Remember Steve is full of surpises of new products.

Do you remember in the past that Apple had using the INTEL on Apple Performa. When Steve Jobs return and killed all performa products. If Apple return to use INTEL again and surely will use it for Mini Mac, eMac, and or Powerbook and ibook?

I am hoping that Apple will say "Whew its about time for IBM to break thur beyond 3 ghz. So.. Hope so. If not then I will be :mad:

Performas weren't using intel processors at all. IIRC, Performas started as cheaper copies of the Mac Classic II, used the 68LC040 in the Performa 475 and 630 etc. and went to the 603 line of PowerPC processors later on.

Back