WWDC predictions!

My bet is on predatory birds, like "Mac OS X Falcon":D LOL! :)

Predictions? Some boring iTMS recap, 100M songs, 5M iPods, rampant mini success etc. Probably some 3d party gadgets/add-ons for the mini will be presented.

Tiger will be announced and demoed, new features/integrations, maybe hand out a beta to the participants, new spoken interface, some nasty remarks about Longhorn :D

Then the hardware, figures about the G5 sales, Steve: "remember when I announced 3GHz in a year?", I bet he'll be able to pull out a 3GHz G5 from somewhere (shipping in Q1 2005 ?). New displays have been rumoured for two years now, should be due now.

Maybe another small *Books bump? New iMacs? Or will they wait for the iMac G5 to redesign them? Or will they wait for MWSF 2005?

I'm sure he'll also recap the NAB announcements, touting the Mac as the platform of choice for music/graphic/design/movie professionals around the world etc. etc. Probably he'll have another bake-off with Phil or a fellow CEO on-stage to flatter the Mac.

... and there will be one more (amazing) thing! :D :)

I wonder if there will be something GarageBand-related. That app has gone real quiet on the boards lately, especially after it appeared with such a bang.

Randman said:
I wonder if there will be something GarageBand-related. That app has gone real quiet on the boards lately, especially after it appeared with such a bang.

Maybe they'll do some kind of show with it. Last show didnt they get some guys on stage to use it live? What would be good is to jam and record with people across the web, literally doing a session from the other side of the world... Like maybe I don't know, The Strokes or someone on stage, with Ryan Adams doing solo's for them from a studio in New York...

Perhaps new iChat, iSync, and Sherlock apps. Update to Keynote, Safari and Developer tools. Would be nice to see some new device that will focus on managing your media libraries and act as a bridge to your home equipment. Like your pulling your iTunes library on your TV and picking a song with a remote and have the sounds play through your home stereo. Even slide shows and also HDTV.

MAC OSX MEDIA CENTER

androo predicts this:
international iTMS, Tiger demonstration and maybe they'll hand out preview copies, and they will release Apple3D of course.

I really think we will see new display's this year with USB2 and Firewire busses built in. Would be nice if a camara and a microphone were to be built in also.

jackdahi: he was waiting for you to ask that :)

I think he's probably meaning either a 3d program, or a 3d desktop. Another option, that with Androo wouldn't be too far off, is that he doesn't know himself, and was just typing 'randomness' :D

Demo 2x3.2 GHz PowerMacs
New screens (30" HD screens ? or dual screen with only one connector ? or wireless screens ?)
New iMacs ??!??
80 GB iPods to carry movies instead of CDs ?

I think the video iPod idea has been mulled to death by now, and since Apple actually recently announced that they ARE NOT working on one, I don't think there will be anything of that sort any time soon.

Just out of interest, what do you guys think about tri-CPU Macs?

Tri-CPU Macs would not be likely to have a large market. You have to keep in mind that whatever Apple's plans are for this year, they're going to be focussed around building their userbase by keeping existing customers happy, and luring new customers. That's why I said there would be no drastic changes to the iMac line, since Apple will instead be focussing on meeting a price/performance point that will sell well. One thing I'd almost certainly expect is a lot of focus this year on the server, cluster and RAID systems since Apple has invested a fantastic amount in both hardware and software development to break into this market.

Whoops, forgot about the symmetrical part, lol. Maybe quads sometime in the future then...

Quad systems have been rumored for quite some bit.

I think Jobs comes out and announces at the end, like he did last year about the G5 leak, that Apple tried really hard with IBM, but they just weren't able to give the developers a top of the line 3.0GHz G5........Instead, they have a top of the line 3.2GHz G5.

C'mon, tell me that wouldn't just:
A. Bring Moscone down to the ground.
B. Completely shake up the *entire* computing world, hardcore.
C. Make Steve the biggest rock star in the world...well, for the day. ;)

What do you mean? I always thought Steve Jobs already is the biggest rock-star in the world. :-D

Well, I guess Steve has sold, what, closing in on 100 million singles this year?! ;)

I really believe IBM and Apple found a way to get to 3GHz. It would give them such a huge competitive lead in the industry. True, the P4 may be at 3.x instead of 3.0, but still, 64-bit PPC, which should have a 1.5GHz FSB per chip, would just absolutely OWN.

I want to believe we've got 3GHz coming, but I just don't see it and I hope I'm proven wrong. If we do hit 3GHz in the shipping models, then I'd tend to believe that the "IBM fabrication problems" were a big hoax meant to stir up confusion about whether or not we'd make it like Steve promised.

I've been a skeptic for quite a while, so I don't think we're gonna get 3GHz, nor do I think Steve will apologize or even acknowledge that shortcoming at the upcoming WWDC.

But big deal if we don't get 3GHz... what necessitates the need for 3GHz that 2GHz can't already do? Are there people holding out for 3GHz for some reason (other than those that just really want a 3GHz machine to play with) that a sub-3GHz machine can't do? I really think Steve dropped the ball by promising 3GHz, and I'll be quite surprised if he announces it.

I predict something a bit crazy, but maybe a reality. Apple will reinvent liscence the MacOS to some PC company!

When pigs fly........... Wait a min; Whats that outside my window? oink,oink

Back