Congrats to Ak!!

Addy I'm not much into politics but have heard of him. He was Prime minister ending in '56.
If your interested, check this link for a quick Bio.
http://www.pmo.gov.il/english/ts.exe?tsurl=0.31.153.0.0

You're not making it easy for my to get into C.:p I'm seeing I have no choice but to if I want my programs to do anything substantial in Cocoa.

I think that's pretty funny that you crap on CD's. :D

Phil, Ed is right, your timing kinda stinks. :p
I wonder if you could ever be able to play an instrument? :D
Hope you had a blast skiing.

(a torso of a knight stands on the ground)
Come back and fight you pansy!

yea, but don't feel too bad Phil. most of the time the same thing happens to me. Nights that i have plans with the gf are the ones where everybody gets on here and starts posting left and right. i get back in time to watch the entire east coast and midwest go to bed and adambyte, Simx and I are practically alone on here. I have to wait about 10 hours and then get up and find that the morning crowd has done the same thing and the debates are half over by the time i get to them:p

hay, at least you had real life fun:D

I am also sure we could get you to drum ok.;)

Klink - I am taking pics to document most of my work. no big major changes yet so i am waiting to put them up. it will probably be in a month or three before i post them. you can see the rosemary bush where it used to be in the wizard pic of me that seems to be very popular right now.:p It is right behind me in that pic. now it is over by the fence just to the left out of the pic.

Tolya - i clean forgot about working on the cover girl. btw - what format would you like these in?

lol I meant craM :p not crap :p -- hehehehe -- quite funny now that I look at it :p

C just sucks klink ;-) -- obj-c might be different :p

Ed, high quality JPG would be fine ;-) I just want them for prints ;-)

back in a few hours ;-)

Admiral

Addy I look forward to you miss types. Gives me a chance to have some fun with you. :D ;)

My rudimentary knowledge of c makes obj-c look like night and day in comparison even though it is an extension of c. :confused:
I remember a post you made previously about having to learn the 232 protocol and why because it's so archaic. I can draw a comparison here in me having to learn c. Even in this advanced age of technology most all the equipment I use at work uses 232.! The simple good things seem to never die.

I'm looking forward to this finished product gents. Pretty neat. :)

I think Phil knows I was just ribbing him a little Ed. Or maybe not. Think I should say so? If that's the case I should write something in my next post saying I was ribbing. :D

"And after our spanking you must have oral sex with each and every one of us ohh knight"

I have had C(++) in the first year and then Java2. We had to work on Apple computers. In contradiction of this hardware and software that I owned I had already started to learn the Borland compiler which I found the end. Java2 was a completely break with Apple before OSX was there! ... Java2 and Macosx
The book about internet and HTML on my website is made by macusers and I have used this book to make my website.

Herve where is your web site ?
lets see it ;-)

232 is indeed old but OK :p C just sucks...it's bad, all these pointers driving me nutz :p

That's kind of cool that they required you to use Apple's for programming. I recall when my brother was taking CS classes at NYU they 'strongly recommended' he use a Win box and a specific compiler. Poo poo.

oh no, Klink is slipping off the deep end again. he is replying to himself once more:p

Well, i might work on the pics tonight but i doubt it. my bod hurts again. Shoveling work 2 days in a row was probably not wise. I have a long date with the shower coming up here in an hour or less. My muscles can hardly wait. (of course they've been waiting quite awhile to be used, so they can wait a little longer for hot water:D )

What size do you want those Tolya? I assume you know the size of a cd cover and how you might want to use these better than i do.

So have you been talking to the girl of your dreams anymore lately?

Phil?.....Phil?

you there Phil?;)

so do you have a favorite baseball team? I am a big Giants fan. I have been since i was a kid. Living close enough to go see games in person is a treat for me.

Well, I've been a little short on time as of late, but here ya go:

I used to play the saxaphone, wasn't excellent so I just stopped. For some reason I can still remember all of the fingerings and how to read music, so I can usually just pick up a clarinet, sax, or kazoo, and play most things I see. I should learn drums or guitar. Seem to be margnets for ladies. Whats up with that?

Anyone ever heard of the Ahn trio?

he he ;-)
well... I used a mac to telnet to a UNIX machine to do my programming :p -- I did most of my programming on OS X at home offline then I uploaded and tested everything :)

I wont be making a new mix till spring break. I need to create covers for my current mystery mix 2CD set and send it to my friend (I can't believe that it's been a year since I met her :p -- off topic lol)

As for C... I think this is the last C course...EVER that I will need to program in so I am ok :) ... after I get done with my CS degree I will learn obj C ...perhaps going to work for apple in greece ...being ..the localizer! :p

Ed... it's going to be a back cover, so the standard 12*12 + a little white on the sides for the spine ;)

well...gotta go get some work done..back soon :)

Admiral

it's going to be a back cover, so the standard 12*12 + a little white on the sides for the spine

might as well be speaking greek to me. i have never bothered making a cd cover or label or anything, i tried making zip labels on my old lc 475 once but didn't have enough memory to make it work.:p

give me dimensions in inches or even pixels. I was just getting approximate proportions when i did the xxx and am sure i need to blow them up a bit.

So Phil, have you ever heard the Billy Joel song "Christy Lee"?

"all she wanted was the sax":p

one of my personal favorites. great tune with catchy lyrics.

i've never heard of Ahn. tell us more o funky one.;)

hehehe :p
Let me speak a little greek to you ed, lets make a comparison :D

How big is it now?
give me an approximate idea and I will think ;-)

Is it me or are we progressing very fast here :eek:

I was on the boards pretty much all day yesterday, then I went home but did not come online and this morning 105 new posts... :eek: ...

Is the mighty admiral being overrun ?! :p

Admiral

Phil keep the sax in your back pocket at least. I'll sound like and old fart here, but the woman will love a smooth sensuous sax player when you hit the older age groups.

By: Jimmy Buffett

I cut my teeth on Gumbo rock, Benny Stillman and Dr. John
Sweet Erma Thomas and Frogman Henry
Used to boogie woogie all night long
Though I love rock n' roll the acoustic guitar
Was the only way I had of becomin' a star
I'm doin' really nice and travellin' around
But they won't play my record in my old home town

Chorus:
But if I had saxophones
Yeah, big baritone cleanin' up the muddy breaks
If I had saxophones
I could get some recognition from that Mobile, Alabama D.J.

Livin' by the ocean, sometimes I get the notion
To take my Janey downtown
We hang out in a funky little bar
They call it the "Shipwreck Lounge"
Well we get kind of drunk and we play rock n' roll
Grabbin' everybody right down in his soul
When we get to cookin' somethin's still wrong
There's still somethin' missin' from them good ole songs

Chorus:
But if we had saxophones
Big baritone cleanin' up the muddy breaks
If we had saxophones
I could make that joint shimmy like a big California earthquake

Yeah if we had saxophones
Yeah, big baritone cleanin' up the muddy breaks
If we had saxophones
I could get some recognition from that Mobile, Alabama D.J.

(for phil;) )

Christie Lee

Let me tell you a story
About a woman and a man
Maybe you will find familiar
Maybe you won't understand

The man's name I don't remember
He was always Joe to me
But I can't forget the woman
She was always Christie Lee

He was working in a night club
That's where he played the saxophone
He used to fake stock arrangements
He left the customers alone
But one night before the last song
About a quarter to three
He saw her standing at the coat check

And made his move on Christie Lee
Christie Lee, Christie Lee

She was a nice piece of music
She had a rhythm all her own
He blew a solo like a blind man
She really dug his saxophone
She wanted more than just an encore
And he could play in every key
He left the stage and packed his alto
And took it home with Christie Lee

Oh I heard the man knew "the Bird" like the bible
You know the man could blow an educated axe
He couldn't see that Christie Lee was a woman
Who didn't need another lover
All she wanted was the sax
It took a while for him to notice
It took a while for him to see
He was never in control here
It was always Christie Lee

Oh the man took a calculated gamble
Yes the man had the power to perform
But Christie Lee was more than he knew how to handle
She didn't need him as a man
All she wanted was the horn

They say that Joe became a wino
They say he always drinks alone
They say he stumbles like a blind man
They say he sold his saxophone

Even the band must face the music
That's what the moral is to me
The only time you hit the high note
Is when you play for Christie Lee

(i just love this song:cool: )

If your reed has surely blown
and your woman won't leave your sax alone
gently pinch the side of her face
and put your sax back in it's case

Sorry, but it had to be done. :D

I guess we are just an over saxed bunch of guys:D

so doesn't anyone have anything cool going on? is it realy that busy or that boring a week for all of us?

klink - i am looking forward to at least one good story from your week;)

My man, it would be just be one long winded, ass grinding, fuckin blow your head off, crush your bosses nuts in a vise, gorilla fart of a rant.

Other than that, normal normal.

Back