Congrats to Ak!!

My "masterpiece" for my graduate was a game. Play at drouts in Java2. It isn't perfect. More important for me is that it was enough for getting a "temporary graduate" paper.

well, as i have explained elsewhere, i have been busy working for two days and been too tired to do much on the computer.:(

i guess the reason i don't play many games these days is lack of time and that is just by myself. trying to co-ordinate with other people when i would be free is very difficult at the moment. for instnce i would be getting ready to back out and work in the yard right now if it weren't for the fact it is pouring rain. some of the bay area is getting snow!! this is a very sudden and strange change of weather for us.:p

So Trip, what kind of a life did you find at ebay? All the lives i saw there were too technically oriented for me. perhaps i was searching under the wrong thing:D

Happy St. Patty's Day everyone!! Somebody drink a green beer for me please:p

I havent put a drop of alcohol in my mouth for a few weeks :p

I need to find a good recipe for a mixer drink that combines some alcohol and coconut juice ;) --- any ideas.

I installed wolfenstein but something is wrong, either too slow of a processor or just 56k is too slow for good game play. No games for me for teh time being. I have spent the day starting the updates on my web site. Hopefully by tomorrow I will have the English version all worked out -- then slowly localize :)

My site is becoming a moster :eek: I never imagined that it would get THIS big! -- I think I will start looking at some hosting options :p

Admiral

pina colada's are the classic coconut drink. there are several others and the best mai tai's normally have a touch of coconut juice in them as well. coconut juice mixes pretty well with most fruit juices as long as you don't put in too much. it does not go well with soda.:p

so is your site bigger in other languages, or is it just all your languages that make it a monster?

56 k is probably the biggest problem with online gaming. I couln't even get it to play a decent game of online euchre when i had dialup. My problem with good games is that i can't stop playing them once i start. the hours go by very quickly and i end up staying up way past my bedtime. of course i have done that a few nites posting to the site as well, but that is another story...:p

When it comes to games I have no prob :p When my Eyes, head and various muscles start complaining, my body shuts down, and so the gam goes bye bye :p Usually when I first get a game I go crazy with it, later on its more normalized play.

The site is becoming big for 2 reasons
1) Added content (some reviews, maybe another music mix, a few more photos, added info and more)
2) What I had, and what I am adding in terms of content being translated into other languages as well.

I think in a year or two I might get a web space provider. If I can make my web site totally independent and if the price is right, the admin is offering web hosting, so I might do that as well. At the moment I am just doing the design & implementation. Later on I will busy myself with teh fine points :D

Admiral

I would recommend my provider but they pulled the same stunt that geocities did several months before. fortunately for me i have a smal site with slow traffic. the only complaint i have is not being able to ftp. their site helper is alomst as confusing to use as it is just slow and painful.

I wonder what kind of terms bravenet.com is offering. i know BlingBling just started a site using them and all their free site tools are great. i wish i had only used their tools when i started. the other ones from the company my provider recommended all screwed up.

as I mentioned elsewhere (probably) I am in the process of severing my ties with yahoo, especially yahoo specific code, just in case I need to move my site elsewhere :)

I wonder how much time it will take me to get my site up with yahoo's web upload scripts

i don't know, the last time i had anything to change it was faster to just use the online editor. and both ways are much slower than just ftping in. of course they know this and that's why they want you to pay for convience. I can't imagine that maintaining ftp protocol costs anything extra.

I think i am like you though, eventually i may just pay the minimum fee and get all the bs removed from my site. since i haven't been focused on it lately, it doesn't seem like an issue. the only site work i do thse days is update my itools pages for posting in site threads. I should have a couple of new pages of yard pics up this weekend or shortly afterwards. I hope to have the pond in the ground by Fri or Sat. ( i keep telling my self that so maybe it will happen:p )

so how's vacation treating you?

I called my son today to wish him a happy birthday but he was too busy playing with his friend to have much of a conversation. Oh well, he will be all mine in a week from tomorrow.:)

happy bday for your son ed :)
How old is he now?

Vacation aint THAT bad, at the moment I am spending time rading some more vietnamese. Since I have the time, I might as well capitalize on it, get the basics down, and then more repeat repeat and repeat till I get it ;-)

I still have about 5 web pages to design for my site and my blueprint is almost done (then localization to 5 more languages-then done for good).

hey -- I met the prez of my universoty today lol

my son just turned 13 - a real teenager finally. He has been trying to claim he is a teenager since he turned 12:p

So how was the Prez? nice guy or a stuffed shirt or what? Did you talk to him? was he asking you for computer help?:D

So i saw where you folks back east and north are having some real cold weather !! I am so glad i am not where i have to wear a down jacket in late march.

(gloat, gloat, gloat:cool: )

damn u ed :p
Its cold here, and its spring already :eek:
I would really love to start wearing summer pants or shorts, or at least just not have to wear a jacket and sweater...I hate winter :(

oh well, waiting a few more months to see the light of day ;)

Did not say much to the prez, just a hello and an introduction (actually asked my name :p lol ) -- I was there keeping an eye out on the tech stuff our department had set up for the event just to make sure all was going well :)

On a bright note, the weekend is finally here :D
(and my english page is almost done :p -- xxx mix to be produced this weekend hopefully)

Admiral

well you have sparsly been here this weekend so i guess you got something done. :)

maybe i should email the Prez and see if he remembers your name:p

i have to admit i found it hard to believe you turned down doubletime to stay home and work on your own stuff (what you seem to call relaxing:D)

So now that RacerX has his own thread he is suddenly posting up a storm. Of course he would have had his own thread sooner if he would have posted here more often:p ;)

hint to lurkers - good way to get your own congrats thread is to post regularly to ours. post counts will skyrocket:D :rolleyes:

I was quite busy :)
I am aaaaaalmost done with my engish HTML version of my web site, only 1 more page to layout:D -- then I will work on some WAP modifications and teh blue prints for the web page are done.

I did not work on a music mix cause I did not have the time. I spent most of sunday on the coutch watching movies lol :D -- it was relaxing :rolleyes: what did u do ed?

I am so proud of you Tolya !! You actually spent a day doing something most people would consider relaxing. I hope the couch didn't get worn out with all that use:D

so were any of the movies worth watching? We watched "Exit Wound" on sunday nite. We decided we would rather watch a movie than to watch a show about movies and awards.:p We really liked Exit Wound, but then we are both Steven Segal fans. We recently dropped cinemax and added Starz so there will be more movies we are interested in playing at the same price we were paying.

anybody else seen any good movies lately?

I bought two movies.
1) The One with Jet Li
really good movie :D --- it reminds me f the matrix, but then again once the cat is out of teh bag, other movies follow suit an mimick techniches.

2) Rush Hour.
I meant to buy Rush Hour two but I was rushing :p -- so I made a mistake, so I saw that one too, not bad. On DVD it looks much much better ;-)

Then I also watched my regular TV shows like Earth: FInal COnflict, Star Trek, and MadTV :p

I must be the rarest breed of lurker.:D

So here's the big question Admiral:

So now you know about 20 languages, what are you building torwards? And don't say international man of mystery, james bond, international womanizer, ect.

So what's it all about?

Oh yes, I've officially put you on my "absurd" list now that you've begun reveling in the fact that a 32Mb card is on the way....:p

1st of all it's not obsurd :p
Linear Flash Memory (the kind the Newton uses) costs an ARM AND A LEG! Pretec online lists the price of a 32MB PCIMCIA flash memory module as approx. $515 dollars and I paid $40 for it ;)

I can add TONS of programs on my newton with this baby :D

As for the languages there two reasons that I am learning them
1) Curiocity (both about what people say when they speak it in front of me, and curiocity about way of thought and structure of the language)

2) girls girls girls ;)

Admiral

implications by my friend Ed
So now that RacerX has his own thread he is suddenly posting up a storm. Of course he would have had his own thread sooner if he would have posted here more often:p ;)

You know I don't post that much during the week.

you mean you don't post that much during the week unless some really gripping debate is taking place:D

Back