Congrats to Ak!!

I notice Coach is not debating this.:D

So Phil, i think tolya is going to learn so many languages because of girls but he will end up marrying a nice american girl who barely passed french in high school. don't you reckon?:p

speaking of movies mimicking each other - what about the two TV shows about the supreme court now. There is "First Monday" on CBS which had been out for a couple of months or more and now this week ABC starts "The Court" which is almost the same plot. Both have great casts, are produced by the station's top producer, and have a newly appointed member who is the 'swing vote'. Is that absurd or what?:rolleyes:

Ed ed ed my friend :p
Haven;t you ever heard the proverb "It's not the destination that matters, but the journey" :D

Which girl I marry is immaterial, since I will have had a heck of a journey ;) lol :p

Phil the lurker, where the heck ahve you been lurking to ?!

Admiral

lol

I would have a hard time argueing with that one. It was definitly the approach i took with women. There are some songs you need to have to enhance this approach - "All the Girls in the World Beware" by Grand Funk, "To All the Girls I used to Love" by Willie Nelson, and " Beautiful Loser" by Bob Seger.:p

Happy Easter everybody !!

one must remember that Easter is the Xtianization of the Pagan holiday of Ostre which is a celebration of fertility. Rabbits and birds and eggs and all the modern assoiciations of these things with Easter originated with Ostre.:D

I seem to be getting on a schedule of going to bed earlier and getting up earlier now that my son is here. I hope i can maintain this. I will get more done overall if i do.

I've been lurking around, just catchng extra sleep and preparing a few large projects for school, additionally I had my state science olympiad competition all last weekend, which is why I had no posts whatsoever. Trying to ease myself back into the conversations...:p

5th place. I think the team was rather dissapointed, but we recovered nicely, and sang all the way home, for two hours. There is a few disputes about the sincerity of the judging, since we were both disqualified for a minor infraction in one event, and were shafted in two events, one in which I worked with this year's valedvictorian (sp?). What we were confident in winning turned out to be a 24th place finish.

All in all, we went out with a bang. But this year our strongest members ever will be graduating. Now, apparently, it will be my job to guide the team, and make up for our massive loss of talent. Of course, this entails fun, namely building more model planes, and a huge trebuchet.:D

Phil - fifth place doesn't sound all that bad. I'm guessing there were at least 20 schools competing. right? It also sounds exciting that you will be the big man next year. I expect great things from you. :D

but what is a trebuchet?:confused:

coach - :p

Tolya - so are you going to measure this journey? I have a list of every girl i have ever slept with. This does not include girls i just dated, hung out with or did some very serious petting with. Every now and then i take a look at it and recall a time i never would be able to without it. Of course there have many girls who are not on the list who are still very memorable to me. The good ones never leave your mind completely. (and neither do the ones who made things hell:p )

so isn't it a bit weird going back to Herve's Bar & Grill when you are in the Herve's Bar & Grill thread?:D

I know :eek:
I am back after a day of HW-doing, and stydying and all is changed :eek: -- I feel kinda jealous :p -- we should have an Admiral's Entertainment subsection in the bar and grille LOL :p -- just joking ;)

-- news in the B&G thread ---

Keeping a roadmap to the journey eh?
Never thought of that, although I do suppose that I already am doing that since I keep a mental list of people I know hehehe. Keeping a list. I do keep a "thoughts" journal kind of thing though :p It started as a point of analyzing my X trying to see what the *&(^(*&^ she was all about since her mind seemed to be so messed up, and it turned out to be an analysis of women in general :p --- now THAT is a scary subject, can almost make any god fearing man become insane :eek:

keeping a journal is another good way to do it. it has always just seemed like too much trouble to me - requires too much discipline:p but it is probably more your style with all the extra work you seem to enjoy. as for analyzing women in general - you would have to be insane to try. they are all so different. the best i think we can do is to analyze what kind of woman we want and then look for her - like what we were talking about back at the beginning of this thread.

the only point of keeping 'roadmap' is that those mental lists don't last near as long as you expect them to without some sort of rminder. From my list i can recreate some kind of memory for all the girls, but without it, i forget some of them. of course, some just sort of pop up and bring a smile to your face every now and then without any help;)

I finally figured out that the reason we spend so much time trying to figure women out is because we didn't know any better than to pick the crazy ones to start with. That seems so much clearer in hindsight than it did at the time.:D

About 50 teams, so you can imagine by my response that were pretty much perfectionists.;)

A trebuchet is like a catapult, but rather than relying on the tensile strength of an object (which both makes them harder to build and more dangerous to operate) a trebuchet has its own counterweigts, which makes the machine infinitely reusable as long is there is something to fire and the people aren't tired.

Ours should be about 16 feet tall, and should shoot a bowling ball about 50 yards if we do it correctly, which means we could fire more fun objects like cantalope about 125 yards.

Check out this site: http://members.iinet.net.au/~rmine/howtreb.html

Should be fun, though we decided that our original plan of shooting water baloons problably wouldn't work because there would be too many G-forces.:p

je suis fou ed :p (I am crazy :p)
I dont usually keep a journal that often, I havent written one in months (too much HW to do). Usually I wait for the dust to settle and then I reflect back on whatever happened :p always seems to be the best way since your head is much cooler at that point in time lol ;)

Phil, I remember my science olympiad days....man those were pretty good :p -- We once had to do an experiment which I had done before in my Physics class and gotten it right! ... but in the science olympiad I managed to screw it up :p

Admiral

yes looking back on things is generally a good thing to do, as long as you can still be honest with yourself and not write the story you wanted instead of the real one.

thanks for explaining Phil. quite interesting. perhaps RacerX will want a few of those to equip the national guard for the USC:p

well, i am in my usual inward and quiet state that always follows my son going back to oHIo. I got up at four am and spilled almost my whole cup of coffee before i was even 2 miles from the house:( That did not make the whole experience of saying goodbye to him any easier. I eventually managed to have a little nap after i got home and that helped some. I am sure i would have been very sulky today if i had not had the pond to work on. It was really a lot of fun to try and make it look as natural as possible. It turns out we ordered more rocks than we needed but that i was able to do a better job because of it. it almost feels like you are watching a mountain stream or pond. Now if the darn raccoons don't knock the whole thing over...:D

Addy I've heard you mention your mental list of people you know before. Sounds like a juicy bit of work. How could I convince you to divulge? :p

The problem that I and perhaps others have with looking back at events, is the inherent ability to romanticize the positive experiences and pessimize the negative ones.

Phlip if you're giving rides on your catapult, can I have first dibs? :)

Racer, I think you can debate why it's healthy to consume lead paint for a balanced diet! ;)

Originally posted by Klink
Racer, I think you can debate why it's healthy to consume lead paint for a balanced diet! ;)

Well, you know... :rolleyes: huh, actually that would be a little out of my league. :D

lol...well I could tell you loads about my X, and all the girls I met before and after her ;) --- but then I would be betraying their confidence (even though I dont talk to most :p)

Most of them, especially my X, are on my boycott list hehehe :D (boycott = no talk), others are on my torture list. Unlike romaticize and pessimize, I only romanticize about current interests while I either keep cool, ignore, or play mental games with X interests depending on the level of mental anguish they put me through :p (Admiral is a sensetive man :p lol :p)

Hmmm.....now that I think about it klink....introduce me to a nice looking single mediterranean girl and I am sure I can divulge some info ;)

Back